University of Nottingham’s Jubilee Campus on Triumph Road is full of buildings which seem to have come from an episode of Thunderbirds or Space 1999. Like this.

tri3.jpg

I hadn’t realised that their style has now got closer to the city centre with several buildings at the junction of Shakespeare St/ Waverley Street.

A few examples of before-and-after.

both1-1.jpg

both2.jpg

both3-1.jpg

• Upvote 2

Give 'em 50 years and they'll be demolished and replaced like all the rest of the modern junk they're throwing up.

but i cant give em fifty years mate.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

When I look at Cliffs pictures, I quite like the new buildings, playing war on Bilbe Walk,peeking inside the Masonic lodge,watching the caretaker at the Registry office trying to sweep up confetti, making friends with the maintenance man at the Synagogue, tea & buns at the YWCA,the Barr family who lived just down from Penny feathers shop,as did the Garvigans, collecting conkers on Chaucer st,and not even daring to look at Sven Bookshop!!

I rather like these two buildings on Wilford Road, just a few yards from the junction with Castle Boulevard. There is a third building, similar to the left one, a few yards further up.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.9472401,-1.1519137,3a,90y,283.72h,90.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srHtXw7LXqPvcI7GyHq96WA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1