Seems we are slipping back into "over quoting" once more, please reduce it and just use the # and post number you're answering.

Thanks.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm going to "bump" this topic, I'm aware only staff can post on it. BUT, it seems some of the complainants of this topic seem to have a problem with reading my first post. We had a problem with OV

Bangs head on table! There is no restriction on quoting, only over quoting. There will be no charge to use nottstalgia We will do all we can to keep the database manageable so that posts can remain

4 days and 69 posts,and only 3 from the Ladies,.........think they know summat men don't.

I can't quote, so it ain't me. But I do agree, cut it to a minimum folks.

Yes, yes, yes, I asked for that didn't I Benjamin ?

• Upvote 1

You would !! Space waster.... LOL

Wot. !!!! Have you the temerity to suggest that I've got Mick in my sights, and will soon swoop past him. How very dare you.

I'm on my best behaviour mate.

Re # 10 and 12. I think that there has been a hiccup. I reckon 1000 have vanished. Well a few. Come on, play fair.

Come on matey, play fair. Restore my correct total. I was within two hundred of Mick. I don't set out to beat him, it's just that I've got so much to say.

• Upvote 1

I just want my correct total restoring, that's all ! It can't be that difficult surely to God.

Nowt new there then !!! LOL

I must have miscalculated Kev, it must have been one ot my increasing senior moments. Cheers .

as far as i know ...no-one has played with the totals....to be honest I dont even know if it's possible.......i was just pickin' on you. lol

This seems an appropriate moment to `quote'(can`t remember doing that before). therefore.

If one has commenced 371 topics how is it possible to have a hundred or so entries? Where did my 4000 or so go?

Approaching almost 10 years with you mob ,can anyone explain if Fynger can`t?

I don't understand why quotes are frowned upon, they're used plenty on other forums. Is it a cost thing? An explanation would be appreciated and we can then perhaps sympathize and conform. At the moment it seems like a few don't like them so we all have to toe the line.

I don't understand why quotes are frowned upon, they're used plenty on other forums. Is it a cost thing? An explanation would be appreciated and we can then perhaps sympathize and conform. At the moment it seems like a few don't like them so we all have to toe the line.

I'm now typing an example of what we don't want. Situations where someone quotes the previous post in order to reply to it.

When this happens, it means that everything is repeated. Every post that someone makes is copied into the next post, so the whole Nottstalgia database becomes twice as big as it should be, in half the time. And the amount of space it occupies is something which mick2me has to pay for.

• Upvote 2

Indeed. that's one of my gripes with not being allowed to quote. Firstly, who cares what it costs. Storage space is peanuts these days and if Mick doesn't want to pay more I'm sure we'd all chip in to make the forum more usable. As regards being more usable, I can't be the only one who finds having to go back to find out what #4 on a previous page was so I can understand the point really annoying. It's quite simple. Tell us what 3 times the dtabase size would cost and then we'll chip in to cover it.

• Upvote 2