All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. The Animals are touring in their Farewell Tour in Australia during May and will be at The Gov in Adelaide on 28th. John Steel, one of the original band members along with Danny Handley, Bobby Ruiz and Barney (Boogie) Williams. The Gov is a pub on the fringe of the CBD that is one of Adelaide's best live music venues. Photo The Adelaide Review
  3. Apparently half of it is close for a refurb or sommat so didn't bother, might go when it's all finished though always a good day out there, there is a lot of groundworks going on at the station too Rog
  4. No visit to the Railway Museum PF?
  5. . From Nottinghtransport,com: "It’s great to see such positive feedback from the community! The bridge is part of the Transforming Cities initiative and aims to enhance pedestrian and cyclist connectivity across the River Trent". They pat themselves on the back and boast 83% approved the idea. But... There were 1198 responses. 83% of that is only 991, this means they based their decision on the opinion of less than 0.3% of Nottingham's residents. More than 400, almost half of those that approved the idea, thought the location was in the wrong place. Look
  6. Had a lovely day out in York today, checked the weather forecast before setting off and it looks like being a nice day but rain coming in about 14.30 so off we went, bit of traffic on the A1 for some bridge repairs north of Barnsley but other than that it was a nice drive, used the park and ride at Askham Bar, £2.40 for the two of us which was nice, first off we went for a cuppa at the Castle tea rooms plus scrambled eggs on toast just under a tenner for both of us, then a walk around all the tourist routes including a walk around the wall and a riverside walk looking at the pleasure boats, ni
  7. That's my point Col. Someone has been digging in the mire, politics and politicians are getting desperate, nasty and personal. The Tories can't convince us their policies are working, thus we have the attack on Rayner in the hope it damages Labour by association. Despite the weasel words Labour really have not presented a single itemised or realistic costed argument. I've said it so any times, they are totally bereft of any clear and communicable ideas. Now Menzies has given them a bone to chew. And so both parties are now resorting to scrabbling in the dirt of th
  8. They've approved it. https://westbridgfordwire.com/waterside-bridge-for-river-trent-gets-unanimous-support-from-councillors/
  9. As with Rayner.. we'll have to wait and see. However, it seems his party has known of 'allegations' for months and only now taken action. I think that's the fourth Tory MP to lose the whip recently. To quote Lady Bracknell: 'For one MP to lose the whip may be deemed unfortunate, but for FOUR to lose the whip smacks of carelessness'
  10. So now it's Starmers turn to demand a police investigation - tit for tat anyone? I've no idea what Menzies has been up to, but although it all seems rather unsavoury, was it criminal?
  11. And to make it on-topic the opening picture of the video, shows Dave Rowberry (2nd from right) who took over keyboard after Alan Price left the band. Dave was my elder brother's school pal at Henry Mellish and they formed a skiffle band from there. He either lived on Roseleigh Ave or Fernleigh Ave, Mapperley can't remember which.
  12. I remember that, but it's not one which comes to mind when anyone mentions The Animals.
  13. Talking of San Francisco who remembers this from the Animals https://youtu.be/8hv0M5etXFA
  14. Happy 60s.....Dance...Dance.... Dance Duck? Maybe later You might be missing out I'LL take my chances......
  15. People of a certain age might remember "Let's Go to San Francisco' by the Flowerpot Men in 1967, who were just a group of session musicians. They recorded a few other songs but none were successful. One was 'In a Moment of Madness'...which was later released by White Plains...although it was the same people. I'd forgotten how good it was.
  16. So many songs/records back in the 60s were just pleasant to listen to... Happy people playing nice music and dancing with a smile.......we were so relaxed ..........easy to chat to and always ready for a dance........a refusal didnt matter you just moved on...you knew you would be lucky before the night was over.... edit..........full screen a must....
  17. I always thought it looked a bit Heath Robinson and somewhat flaky in its construction so well done for keeping it going.
  18. @The Engineer Just read the article about the clock - very interesting… When I first saw the clock i was very young and believed it was driven by the water - like a water wheel - but after I’d left Nottingham around 1960, and later visited it, I studied it more closely and decided it must have a motor. well done for maintaining it so well
  19. Yes @MRS Bit was a good night for hedgehogs. Mine were very hungry and scoffing kitten biscuits. Lovely to hear the crunch of hogs enjoying their food.
  20. Last week
  21. Have just put some more food out for my hedgehogs, there’s a lot of activity out there tonight!
  1. Load more activity