"One small step for man"

Where were you when Armstrong set foot on the moon ? (similar questions to,where were you when Kennedy was shot, where were you when Churchill died) A true legend and a man who made history. RIP

Rog

I watched the news coverage of the moon landing on a small 12v tv at work

:) July, 1969 was a long and sultry month of Summer and I was due to give birth to my daughter - so was otherwise engaged; but I remember well the event of the 'Apollo 11' spacecraft landing on the moon as being a groundbreaking and exciting event.

:) God Bless You Neil Armstrong, a courageous, likeable and humble pioneer of Space - you did your bit for mankind on this earth........

I was working as an electrician building the coop supermarket top of Westdale Lane.

I remember it being a hot summer.

I saw the moon landing on a screen of display TV in a TV shop facing the council house on the Market Square.

I remember standing watching it at night? might have been a rerun or actual time.

Not just an American hero.

I think we all remember being allowed to stay up late for this momentus event.

I love the statement made by his family,

"For those who may ask what they can do to honor Neil, we have a simple request.

Honour his example of service, accomplishment and modesty, and the next time you walk outside on a clear night and see the moon smiling down at you, think of Neil Armstrong and give him a wink."

Awe inspiring is an understatement. This was true adventure and discovery......I had many airfix models of the Saturn rockets when I was a nipper. Neil Armstrong, along with Buzz, are TRUE heroes in my opinion.....

It was during the time I was taking "mock" A-Levels at school - I didn't have an exam so I went to the local TV store (Gilberts) to watch it in colour!

Yes, RIP Neil.

The moon landing was in the Sunday evening of the 20th July. The first moon walk was in the early hours of Monday morning 21st July - which was also my first 'official' day at work. So, quite a memorable weekend.