Important Question

I get it! .. this is a similar thing to the 'yes no' interlude isn't it..

well I def.... OOPS! ... there you go, I nearly said it!

well I def ... OOPS! ... I'm finding this very hard!

well I don't know of any lady who has appeared on the tv, and I def.... OOPS! nearly! .. can't recall any that have been on the radio either, and if they had I would have thought 'definitely' would have definitely been used .. DRAT!

Drives me up the wall hearing some twat keep saying "Ya'know" . No I don't know, explain is what I'd reply in person to those bozo's! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

How about 'absolutely' this is my pet dislike.

In a former life I was trained in the art of Quality Circles, a Japanese way of cheap ideas to save money. If the word absolutely is used then I can almost guarantee the utterer has been trained in the same thing. Drives me round the twist, definitely, ya know?

A ;)

Drives me up the wall hearing some twat keep saying "Ya'know" . No I don't know, explain is what I'd reply in person to those bozo's!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

"...Obviously, as I just said, yer know, at the end of the day, obviously, yer know [at the end of the day] as I just said, obviously..." is a typical £50K per week footballer TV interview contribution.

Once clocked our esteemed England skipper utter 'yer know' 8 times in 28 seconds.

Puts me in mind of the infamous Ralph Crossland, veteran teacher at Pavement who was feared by everyone - even Headmaster Harry Davies - saying:

"When you boys are about to cast your election vote, summon the candidates to your house and ask them what they intend to do in Parliament about the prostitution of the English language!"

"Yes Sir"....said the petrified class....

Cheers

Robt P.

Can we name the famous Nottingham females, apart from her off Hi de Hi?

Can't think of many beyond Ms Torville and Dame Laura Knight..

From the superb IMDB website, (recommended!) of the listed Nottinghamians there are two ladies on the first page.

Namely, actresses Diane Aubrey and Nikki Brooks.

Two other well known actresses on the next page are Kate Beckinsale and Geraldine Moffat, plus many I don't know...

Note how Viv Anderson, Albert Ball VC, William Booth, Kenneth Clarke & Harold Shipman are deemed to be 'actors'!

http://us.imdb.com/BornWhere?Nottingham,%20England,%20UK

Five of the NET trams carry female names.

Angela Alcock, Erica Beardsmore, Dinah Minton & Mavis Worthington are all prominent charity workers of recent vintage.

Mary Potter was a nurse in 19th Century Hyson Green who, IIRC, also has a local Health Centre named in her memory.

http://www.thetram.net/features/tram_names.asp

How do we categorize Dale Winton? :yahoo:

Cheers

Robt P.