I found out today, that Rob237 passed away 6 months ago. Today would have been his 70th birthday. He posted on here for many years. God Bless Rob, hope there is a cricket match in heaven to watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Katyjay, I of course never knew your friend, Rob237, but I'd like to add something to his memory R.I.P. Rob Pollard. September 5, 1942 - February 2012 - A friend to everyone. From Roy Harper:

Rob has been gone more than a year. I visited his page and added a tribute http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/14486559 Valued Contributor to Nottstalgia Nottingham Forums Greatly missed by his fri

I found out today, that Rob237 passed away 6 months ago. Today would have been his 70th birthday. He posted on here for many years. God Bless Rob, hope there is a cricket match in heaven to watch.

Very Sad!

I saw this on the new content list, and was shocked.

A much value member and prolific poster of Nottstalgia.

RIP Rob, I regret that I never met you.

How did you find out Kath?

SORRY TO HEAR WE LOST ANOTHER ACTIVE MEMBER OF OUR SITE, ANOTHER ONE TO REMEMBER IN THE MEMORIAL PLOT, BEEN TO ONE OR TWO GARDEN CENTRES OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS PRICING UP VARIOUS PLANTS . KATH HAS JUST TOLD ME SHE HAS POSTED A CHEQUE OFF TO ME SO WE HAVE MADE A START ANYBODY ELSE STILL INTERESTED IN MAKING A DONATION PLEASE PM AND ILL GIVE YOU THE DETAILS

BABS

Rob 237: How sad I was to read of his passing - and at such a young age.

He was like myself and Katyjay brought up on Amesbury Circus - how lovely that place was - Bells Lane Estate.

A clever boy, a past pupil of High Pavement Grammar School; their smart uniform was of brown and gold.

Rob's postings were always lively, instinctive and informative.

I used to look his comments up before I began posting on 'Nottstalgia'; he was a mine of information - so vital was he on this site.

Even though I never met Rob, I felt as though I knew him because he came from off Amesbury Circus; and we kids who came from there, always held a love in our hearts for that cherished area of our childhoods.

God Bless You Rob 237, you were a 'King of Posters' on 'Nottstalgia'.

• Upvote 1

Rob 237: How sad I was to read of his passing - and at such a young age.

God Bless You Rob 237, you were a 'King of Posters' on 'Nottstalgia'.

Christine Thank you for your moving post.

I was glad to see he had enough posts to gain his crown.

His post were always of the highest quality.

I am so saddened to learn of this news. Rob and I would write to each other occasionally, often about cricket and sport in general but by no means always. I considered him a friend. I had wondered where he was of late and had imagined he was either taking a break from the site or off on his travels.

Rob's well written, informative and witty posts are certainly missed on this site but we can treasure the fact that his contributions will remain here for posterity and for the benefit of others.

The stumps have been pulled for our friend for this innings but his memory will always be treasured.

Rest in peace, Rob. Sleep peacefully my friend.

• Upvote 1

So sad to hear of his passing...RIP Rob

I met him once , when he came on an aviation day with Rog and I.

It explains why he wasn't in when I called round a couple of months ago.

RIP

Which Forum would be appropriate to dedicate to Rob?

He seems to have been a pretty active poster across the board?

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showuser=181&tab=posts

He lived in Bingham so perhaps Bread & Lard Island & South of the Trent ?

Agree with Beefy, the above two would be apt for Rob, or even the Forest thread as Rob was most definitely a Red.

If pressed, I'd say the Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club forum. Cricket was in Rob's blood, and I think that he played in the local leagues for many years.