Ive always been fascinated by old wedding photo's so i would be very interested to see everyone elses. This is my Grandma and Grandads wedding in June 1955 at Ashwell Street Methodist church, Netherfield. They hired a double decker bus from Nottingham corpo to take all the guests to the wedding reception which was held in the Ballroom at the Elite on Parliament Street

L - R are: Great grandfather Ernest Peck, Marjory Hammond nee Peck ( grandads cousin), Leonard Turville (granddads step brother), Great grand-step mother Mable Peck nee Small, Magda Peck ( Grandads neice), My grandad Walter Peck, My grandma, Joan Peck Nee Bennett, Great Grandmother Ethel Bennett, Sheila Peck ( grandads youngest sister) and my Great Grandfather William " Billy" Bennett.

As ive said in previous postings, I still have that wedding dress: It was made out of 11 yards of embossed Damask and cost my grandma ( more than likely her dad paid for it!) £32 11s 6p PER yard and was made for her by her neighbor on Harrogate Street. Plus i have the horseshoes, the veil and the wooden spoon shes holding with the flowers.

c66e0f79.jpg

• Upvote 2

You don't have a Brian Peck in your family, do you Jimmy?? Lived on Clifton Estate, would be mid 60's now.

Age getting to me, just recalled the feller I'm thinking about is Brian Pegg, not Peck, sorry about that.

• 2 years later...

Well just found this thread and as I have this picture on my computer anyway I thought I might get the thread rolling again

My parents wedding photo 1st August 1953 St. Margarets Church, Aspley Lane.

Adults from left to right: Doris Revill nee Harvey, Grooms sister; Edna Tyler nee Harvey, Grooms sister; Beryl Bennett nee Cropley, Brides sister; Alf Tyler, Edna Tylers Husband; Derek Pidgeon Best Man, Audrey Pidgeons husband; Groom Rex Harvey; Bride Joan Harvey nee Cropley; George Cropley, Brides Father; Mavis Cropley Sister of Bride; John Bennett husband of Beryl Bennett; Fanny Cropley, mother of Bride; Audrey Pidgeon, sister of Bride and husband of Derek Pidgeon.

Children L-R Stephanie, Leslie & Janet Revill; Susan Tyler.

Of the adults on the photo the only one still alive is Audrey Pidgeon, my mothers sister, far right. She is 85.

11sgf9c.jpg

• Upvote 6

Great photo Malcolm! I have a few old family pictures I should probably share as I'm not 100% aware where half were taken, here's a photo from my Great Auntie Joan's wedding to a Mr Farquhar(pictured in the background) The lady to the left of the bride is my Great Grandmother, Rosetta Bradshaw. Apologises for poor quality,it's a photo of a photo...

9ef16da078d101d68a8dc2a5ead4afce.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo of my Mum and Dad who were married in 1933. I believe the photo was taken at Saundby Park, near Gainsborough. I still have her wedding veil although the net is quite fragile now.

image.jpg1_zpsesktvace.jpg

• Upvote 6

All our photo's were taken outside the blacksmiths forge at Gretna Green,I'll take them off the wall one day and get copies of them to put on here

Rog

This wedding photo is at our Reception at the Grey Goose in 1966

image.jpg1_zpsqskgjbej.jpg

• Upvote 4

Margie H, No didn't elope, but second marriage and we wanted it to be special and different, a friend who lives in Edinburgh arranged it for us and we spent the Christmas there (wedding day 23rd December) just our two and three witnesses, just right, we are so happy and love each other so much, 16 years this Christmas

Rog

• Upvote 4

#16 margie,a very smart fella' your Dad,double breasted suit,

#20,and you def. a bit of a sort lass, :)

• Upvote 1

Forever the creep benjamin, LOL.

Her hubby will be tightening that tie for you one of these days !!!!!! LOL

• Upvote 4

Thanks, Melissa but I think it was perhaps because I was young - 23 - and in love! (Still am in love, but the outward appearance has changed somewhat!) When I look in the mirror these days, I just see my mother, but I don't feel much different than I did nearly 50 years ago....

• Upvote 2