Anyone remember Dentist - Diane Wiltshire

I remember her, I think her surgery was on Cantrell Rd, but I could be wrong.

She apparently was "struck off ", I can't remember exactly what for, I have a vague idea but don't want to say in case I am wrong, but it was quite serious.

I attended a dentist practice on Highbury Vale, up until 1986, was that the place?

No not that one. a dentist named Paul Wynds ran that place. It has changed hands a few times since then, I used to go there at that time.

Strangely enough I go back there now, went last night or a check up !

does anyone remember the dentist in netherfield who was murdered while at work by his lover? That building seems to be jynxed since, no buisiness seems to be there too long.

does anyone remember the dentist in netherfield who was murdered while at work by his lover? That building seems to be jynxed since, no buisiness seems to be there too long.

Yes I remember him ! From a dental point of view of course !

As well as having a surgery at Netherfield he worked part time at a practice in Bulwell as well.

I was a patient of his about ten or twelve years ago & remember him being stabbed by his boyfriend. The boyfriend got two years for manslaughter if memory serves me right.

The dentist's name was Michael Lymn, an absolutely first class dentist as well.

A mate of mine told me she had lost her licence to practice in the early 90s

I knew her when i was at Peoples doing the Dental Tech stuff she went on to dental school after

She was from Derby originally & ithink she married a Dental tech called dave

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone remember Frettinghams dentist on Lenton Boulevard....just before the traffic lights at Derby Roads.. My dad had a pair of false teeth made. I fetched them from Frettinghams and took them home. Unfortunately, they didn't fit properly so my dad got to work with a nail file and started to try to file them in the shape of his mouth. It wasn't until two or three days later that he received a letter saying that they had sent out the wrong set of teeth. Guess who had the job of returning them....not my dad

• Upvote 2

On yes I remember Frettinghams. I was working on nights at Sherwood Hospital and had agonising toothache so much so that the Matron rang first thing in the morning for a dental appointment. This dentist said I was to go home and get some sleep before seeing him - sleep with raging toothache????? Any road up I went and he said it had to come out. "Do you have a dentist?" he asked. "Yes Dr Frettingham" I replied. He nodded and walked half way across the room before turning and saying - "Did he have a surgery on Lenton Boulevard?" "Yes" "God he finished years ago - dead I think"

"Hmmm" I replied "Wondered why I was not get any appointments."

Best wishes

Peter