Maps Of Bulwell 1960's

Nope No links from webpage. I do have a photo copy of Bulwell from 1966 and one a little later when for some reason lambley street was renamed Gedling street.

There was a pub at the end of Lambley street for which im not 100% sure of the name, perhaps someone here may know it and confirm what i think i know. All the information im able to get so far is from what i remember as a 4 year ,before i moved away, so sometimes a bit sketchy :blink: :o

• 3 weeks later...
Guest a5h4w

I've had a root thro' all the old Nottm maps I've got .. and there's not much showing for Bulwell ..

However .. the link below includes an old Bulwell map in its listings .. it might be worth a try! ;)

AL.

• 11 years later...

I do have a photo copy of Bulwell from 1966 and one a little later when for some reason lambley street was renamed Gedling street.

There was a pub at the end of Lambley street for which im not 100% sure of the name, perhaps someone here may know it and confirm what i think i know.

This might be setting a new record.......I know the post is from someone who last signed in more than 11 years ago so they're unlikely to be still looking, but as the question was never answered, here's my contribution.

This from Picture the Past and their caption says ..

Lambley Street, Bulwell. Centre left is Main Street, background left is Highbury Road, right is the rear of the old Bull and Butcher Hotel, closed August 1975 and awaiting demolition.

lambley%20st_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Anyone got a decent photo of the chapel that was demolished, on main street, it was at or near where the bus station is now. I think it was a Methodist one.

Wifes granddad was the caretaker there, her mum can still remember going there with him, late 30s early 40s.