Hello from a Nottm lad living in the Emerald Isle

Hello Folks

Just joined this great forum which celebrates Nottingham. My name is Séan and although born and bred in Nottingham, I am currently living in Ireland.

I came across this forum only a couple of months ago when I did a google search for photographs of Carlton Hill - well the top of Carlton Hill, which is where I was brought up. We moved to Second Ave in 1979, and then moved slightly down the hill in 88 to Wheatley Dr. Prior to these two moves my parents and myself lived on Birkland Ave, just off Peel Street - in a great big four storey Victorian House, who previous tenant many years before was none other than Peter Pan author J.M Barrie.

I'm looking forward to being an active part (well as much as possible) on this forum - Keep up the great work folks, as for people like me who no longer live in Nottingham, its great to look back on what was once there.

Welcome SeanF, you're our 3000 member!!!!

Great to see new people here Sean. Welcome to you and look forward to hearing your perspective from Mayo.

Interesting stuff about Barrie who I believe also had a home on Peel Street in Nottingham.

Many thanks for the welcome much appreciated. I have a photograph of the house on Birkland Ave that was taken in 1963 (many years before we lived in the property).

My particular interests in Nottingham are St Anns (before the re-development. Anyone who knows me and has read my posts on the FB page Nottingham, will confirm I have strong views about the re-development,Lol). And also Carlton an area in which I lived in for 18 years, a great community with some characters, who have now sadly passed. It would be great to see some images of the top of Carlton Hill from the 1950s & 1960's.

And its nice to know that I'm the forums 3,000 member :)

Welcome Sean, .....and please don't be one of those people who makes a few posts and then disappears...!!!

Re: your question about photos of Carlton Hill; are you aware of this site http://www.pictureth...uk/frontend.php which gets mentioned a lot here, and will provide you with a few pictures you'd be interested in

Many thanks for the link - "Picture the Past" is a superb website, but I always tend to find most of their images of Carlton centre around Carlton Square and the site that is now Tesco's.

But don't worry, now that I'm here - be assured that I'm here to stay,Lol!!!!

Would be interested to know if there is anyone on the page that attended "St Augustines RC School" in Carlton (Now re-named the Sacred Heart) and if anyone attended "Christ the King" in Arnold. They are the two schools that I attended.

WELCOME SEAN I SPENT MY FIRST 12 YEARS LIVING IN NETHERFIELD BEFORE MOVING TO CAVENDISH RD CARLTON MY SISTER LIVED AT THE BOTTOM OF HIGHFIELD DRIVE NEAR THE CARLTON SO KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE CARLTON HILL AREA SO I AM SURE IF YOU PUT UP YOUR MEMORIES I AM SURE TO CHIME IN TOO.BUT NOT BEING CATHOLICK DID NOT ATTEND YOUR SCHOOLS BUT I AM SURE WE MAY KNOW SOME OF THE SAME PEOPLEAS WE ARE OF A SIMMILAR AGE

Hi Sean,

a warm welcome to the site,I am sure you will find everything do with Nottingham on here,

A terrific gang of guys and gals,but then they are from Nottingham.

Look forward to reading your posts. Bryan.