Anyone know any Bradshaws who were based originally in the Bulwell area, but then scattered a bit? My grandfather, Roy, moved out to Beeston/Chilwell way (he was a bobby) but he had three brothers. We're not entirely sure what happened to all of them, although one passed away as an infant.

I can find out more when I visit him later in the year. I think he retired in the late 70s, early 80s. Beeston Fire Stn lads used to let him kip on the pool table in the stn on the night beats occasionally - scared the bejeezus out of a whole watch of them when he sat up under the sheet one night as they all came in from a call.

He doesn't - he's pretty tech-savvy for an 86 year old, but I don't think he'd be too fussed about forums.

• 2 years later...

I had some relatives called Bradshaw from many years ago, they were my grandmother's family and had a farm in Strelley Woods back in the 1800/1900's......great great Uncle Bill Bradshaw worked as a Gamekeeper in later years for the Hedge's family at Strelley Hall, he died in 1959 aged 101, he lived in a cottage across the fields from Swingate with my grandparents - My grandad used to wind up the Strelley Church Clock, he died in 1973...............There are still some of the Bradshaw family alive, (I know there was a Cecil) and they live in Awsworth Notts.........

• Upvote 1

Probably different family but i knew some 'Bradshaws' who moved from Bulwell to Bestwood est in 1959,there was Grandad,Mam and Dad,two sons Derik and Pete,and younger Daughters Christine and Kathryn,..........fell in love with Christine (unrequented) first girl i bought a record for 'little Christine' 1960...lol.

Don't know what the Mam did HG,the Dad was a builder,Derik was a Biker who worked at Hooleys on Derby rd,think Pete was an early 'bouncer' big chap always chased me off his sisters,Christine was a 'comptometer' operator at either Bairnswear or Meridian.Both girls went to 'Blenheim school' in bulwell.

I did manage the odd date with Christine (we were both 15) and she always bought her sister,..lol.

I knocked around with a Malcolm Bradshaw as a kid and he lived on Colchester Road on Broxtowe Estate. I still see him around today and I think he worked as an electrician on most of the big projects e.g. QMC and Vic Centre.

• 3 months later...

# - Moonbug, maybe you were related to me through my grandfather Housley's mother's family of Bradshaws from the Newthorpe, Greasley and Strelley areas of Notingham.......The original Bradshaw's from my lineage came from the Lowlands Of Scotland and settled in Strelley Wood, where they started farming in the late 1700's.....The farm disappeared years ago, but the decaying buildings can still be seen in the distance on the left when driving north from the M1 Nuthall junction..........There were some relatives living in Awsworth not long ago.......