bimblebee

Gypsies around Nottinghamshire

If any one remembers the Jolly Friar pub at Blidworth, just down a track from there going towards Farnsfield and before you got to the sewage farm there was a field where the gypsies often camped. In those days they were the ones with horse drawn caravans not the big 4WD and mobile homes.

Mum often bought dolly pegs from them when they called around  and one day when a gypsy fortune teller came to the door offering to tell fortunes my dad said I'll give you two bob if you can tell me the winner of the 3 o'clock at Doncaster. The gypsy wrote a name on a piece of paper in exchange for the two bob and left. Dad looked at the piece of paper and went to look at the form guide and said "that was a bloody waste of 2 bob, that horse is useless"

It wasn't and won at 20 to1

I remember he did the same thing soon after with a fortune teller at Skeggy and didn't back that one too. It also won

• Like 1

Drove past Woodthorpe Park this morning , and noticed that the gates on Woodthorpe Drive have been broken into, and the lovely green area where the children play, and dogs are walked has been churned up by about forty trucks, 4 X 4's and massive caravans. Marvellous ! 

Where's the Gedling Council bulldozer when you need it ?

Before the snowflakes begin bemoaning the fact that these folks are homeless, I'll just remind them that one of the 4 x4 's there costs over £60k. On the poverty line, my ar5e !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lincoln council advised the local village hall to lock the barriers leading to the car park and playing fields because they had wind that the travellers were in the area,the council said if the travellers got onto the car park and playing fields and stayed for any length of time it would cost the village a minimum of £30,000 for court fees, police presence and clean up teams, priceless

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Before the snowflakes begin bemoaning the fact that these folks are homeless, I'll just remind them that one of the 4 x4 's there costs over £60k. On the poverty line, my ar5e !

But did they pay for them?

Ha, ha. Maybe, but with someone else's hard earned cash.