I am a person who has Dyspraxia which is is a chronic neurological disorder beginning in childhood and lasting into adulthood that can affect planning of movements and co-ordination as a result of brain messages not being accurately transmitted to the body. Typical symptoms include:

Poor balance. Difficulty in riding a bicycle, going up and down hills

Poor posture and fatigue. Difficulty in standing for a long time as a result of weak muscle tone. Floppy, unstable round the joints. Some people with dyspraxia may have flat feet

Poor integration of the two sides of the body. Difficulty with some sports involving jumping and cycling

Poor hand-eye co-ordination. Difficulty with team sports especially those which involve catching a ball and batting. Difficulties with driving a car

Lack of rhythm when dancing, doing aerobics

Clumsy gait and movement. Difficulty changing direction, stopping and starting actions plus many other things.

I recently found this forum which is basically a dyspraxic haven for people who think what they go through they are the only people. Ive found this very very helpful so please do pass it on if you know anybody who has Dyspraxia.

http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forums/

Thanks Jimmy, On our forum we know only what people tell us about themselves.

But you will find members to be very helpful if ever you are in need of any.

• Upvote 1

my elder son is also a sufferer of this condition once known as clumsy child syndrome speach problems also feture so oftem children were diegnosed as autistic. most are also of high intelligence but often called stupid because they find it difficult to express themselfs.

Thats disgusting Jimmy, Maybe not bring it up in interviews and see if that makes a difference? Surely if anyone employs you, you can put it down on the form most jobs get you to fill out on your first day? Just a suggestion. Very inspirational that youv made a thread about your disorder, not many people would talk about theirs. good on you!

I have worked with some young people with Dyspraxia, Jimmy and have seen how debilitating it can be. I'm glad to see that you have found some support in others with a similar condition.

MY SON ALWAYS FINDS INTERVIEWS VERY DIFFICULTAS HE TENDS TO USE YES NO ANSWERS AND FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO SELL HISSELF DUE TO HIS SPEACH PROBLEMBS BUT ONECE YOU GET TO KNOW HIM AND HE LOOSES HIS NERVES PEOPLE SOON REALIZE HE IS ACTUALLY QUITE CLEVER

I think nerves can affect alot of people, wether they suffer from a disabillity or not, and no one should be judged on their nerves and given the chance. Usually the most nervous people are the people who will excell in the job they want more than the most confident person when theyv settled in.