• 1 year later...

hi,I remember miss slack she made my life a misery the c-- she used to hit me for the least thing, I remember my dad had an allotment in wilford village .I helped him one sunday to pull up some old tomato plants and my hands got stained green from the plants,, any way on the Monday in the play ground she spotted me and my stained hands and made me go to the wash room,, I told her it would not come off! she wood not listen , she made me stand in the hall on one leg all day!! opposite the big bell that hung on the wall ,and she kept on coming out at different times to try to see if I was doing just that. it was not until about 2.30 pm that mr. adlam my teacher got the courage to bone her about it, by which time I was sobbing .the 2 teachers had a stand up argument over it before she would capitulate. I bought a house in Roland avenue wilford village and I used to see her regularly walking down main road Wilford , it turns out that she lived just past the flood wall in one of those small houses at the end,, I thought ain,t that bl---- marvellous any way she died about the late 70s ,, and do you know she had changed in appearance very little, good riddance!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

hi. just a little add on there was another teacher tort at the same time as miss slack ,, miss smith a small tubby woman came out the same coral as messers slack, what another beautiful object. thank god those sort of teachers have gone!! I saw Mr griffin at Ratcliffe on Soar power Station, he was taking a group of kiddie around the control centre, passed the time of day with him ,he said he vaguely. remembered me, well may be. he was a stricked man but fair. he took us for p.e and he used to say at the beginning of the lesson ,, right get your clobber off and into your shorts on the double!! I have some cracking memories about T.B juniors and at Collergate infants especially at Christmas and going in the hall just before the party to see santa clause and opening the present ah ! I wish sometimes I could time travel. I Lived in Bell Street, bell terrace, my parents did not have much but we were very happy,

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Nottstalgia don. You will find a lot of us were the same in our childhood: not much money around; but happy with what we had. We didn't know any different. I hope you enjoy being part of Nottstalgia. I remember Santa coming to our School Party at Christmas. Oh so long ago. :)

I remember getting a few caning's off Miss Slack. I'd had the cane off her for sumat & sat there sulking, when her back was turned I stuck my tongue out at her, all the other kids went "Miss he stuck his tongue out at you!" the rotten snitching lot. I got another stroke of the cane & sat there crying, I kept my tongue in my gob after that..

• 2 years later...