Im sure we all love the odd take away, for me its a real treat when i have some spare money. Does anyone recommend anywhere worth ordering from or places to stay well clear of? (Im sure itll be handy to the other members who live in nottingham and treat themselves to a take away!!) I know that the pasta place in netherfield is somewhere to stay clear of, been known to make people poorly, and the other night my friend choked on a lump of melted blue plastic! But, i find Yaus on burton road and the chinese take away on carlton square a couple of the nicest places to order from.. And of course, papa johns pizza for you guessed it, pizza! Yum.

ooft! Lovely, i do love a post pint kebab, cant seem to be able to eat em sober knowing the rubbish thats in them lol!

Pixie, why bother buying the kebab,buy a couple more pints instead.You will be to p----d to bother eating :tease:

Don't encourage the young mummy to drink to excess!! She needs a balanced diet...................10 lagers & a Donner!!

• Upvote 1
  • 6 months later...

I will no doubt be pretty bias as I own Charde Restaurant in Tollerton, have any of you been? Always good to receive feedback! :)

Charde Oriental offers Chinese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese and English food. We offer a takeout and home delivery service: simply phone in your order, or visit us and enjoy a drink at the bar while your food is freshly prepared.

You can find us on Facebook where we promote all of most recent offers and discounts.

I had my 21st in The Charde (Many moons ago) it was a customer of mine (T W Seafoods) and the chef/buyer at the time really did me proud, I hadn't told him we were coming (Just me, my brother, Mum and Dad and my Grandma, as our Jackie decided to get married a few days earlier thus leaving my parents skint!!) When he saw I was there he came out to say hello, I think someone told him I was 21 as he came out with a special cake ( made of profiteire rolls and Rum Babas!!) I'm ashamed to say I can't remember his name.

The last time I was in there was around 1997/8 when I took SWMBO out there for a meal with my mate Dave and his girlfriend at the time

recently discovered Monaco on westdale lane. their pasta's are delish. can't say about their pizzas as iv never had one from there. we also use the river pearl in netherfield, a friend of mine worked there so I know everything is made from scratch, their sauces are made from scratch and everything is extremely clean. their food doesn't taste greasy or too salty like other take aways.

When I was over there last, the chinese at the bottom of westdale lane was pretty good, particularly the spare ribs.

My brother in law also used the chippy in Burton joyce as he thought it was good,they live in Burton Pastures estate, the chippy also did kebabs.

Remember years ago Pancho's in Sherwood did a mean kebab.

I love donner kebabs ! Can't get a decent one in oz !

Went to Chungs on mapperley tops - expensive but good, Treetops - but meal was not too crash hot ! I had a steak an it woz orrible !

Witherspoons for the two for one deal on steak night, or curry night ! cheap and cheerful with a drink thrown in.

There was a Chinese takeaway on Eland Street Basford (25+ years ago) did great sweet & sour dishes

In the 1980's there used to be a few places, that did take away baked potatoes with a filling of your choice, I used to love them.

One stand was outside Broadmarsh Nr C&A's

Is there anywhere that still does them, and if so where? Or was it a passing fashion .

In the late 80s early 90s there was a bloke and his wife who used to stand Ilkeston Market on a Saturday who sold hot 'taters with all the different fillings, he was the only reason I used to go and work there (Self employed RAC salesman) never made any money on the place as folks from Ilson are hard to get to part with their hard earned. I told him that he was the only reason we went there once and he always gave me a massive spud after that !!

What happened to all the hot pea stands at Skeggy they used to be every where and last time i was there we couldn't find one,must be Elf and Safety again.Are they still on Nottm market,i will have to wait for my next visit home.

if we want chineese we use happy house alfreton rd near junction with gregory bulivard have used it for over 30 years same people still own it sue and sam never had any problem went in last week just had new counters and fryers. and we go to antys in stapleford for fish and chips. i dont do pasta and only have a small piece of pizza if the lads buy one.

In the 1980's there used to be a few places, that did take away baked potatoes with a filling of your choice, I used to love them.

One stand was outside Broadmarsh Nr C&A's

Is there anywhere that still does them, and if so where? Or was it a passing fashion .

There's more of them now than ever. Using trailers or caravans, there are quite a few in the city centre and in retail parks/DIY car parks. One of the few growth industries in Nottingham over the last few years.

theres a baked potato stand near primark, just up as if your heading towards hockley. I do love a jacket tattie, in winter or even in the warmer months. now ya'v got me craving one for my dinner later!

• 2 years later...