Poor old mobile caterers...some try very hard to run a clean business...H&Safety rules are very strict nowadays.

Pal of mine stood Goose Fair with a big trailer, and as usual good old Goose Fair weather,it was a mudbath. Local H&S objected to muddy footprints in the trailer and insisted he drill one inch holes in the floor to allow water to run out after mopping the floor. He drilled the floor as requested and received written conformation that he had followed Nottingham H&S guidelines.

A week later at another fair the local H&S told him to fill the holes in..."As they allow rodents to get in the trailer" :wacko:

A great trailer takeaway is on the A43 near Towester westbound. First proper pull in, not lay by.

Clean, reasonable and friendly service.

I'd much prefer to stop at a trailer in a lay by that Little Chef type establishments.

I'd often stop for food at Markham Moor services on the A1 when delivering to the north east or East Yorkshire.

When busy, the staff would shout out " All transport drivers to the front " . Brilliant.

• Upvote 1

You'd better not let the wife know that Rob. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On 19/03/2016 at 4:52 PM, Rob.L said:

Whenever I used to go down the A47 to Norwich for work, I couldn't resist stopping and get my hands on Angie's Big Baps. :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Angies-Big-Baps-Cafe/217045528454485

Wonder if Angie would like to get HER hands on this registration plate, (on a very dirty van) spotted recently by Goose Fair roundabout

AEC6_D0_A8-5049-42_C2-_A1_E9-_EE602_C71_

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Only if they're filled with well done bacon and HP sauce !:hungr:

• Like 1