Energy Saving Lightbulbs

Every room in my house has an ES bulb, apart from the living room where i have a fancy type of dangling light that takes some spot light type of bulb. I saw in B&Q netherfield, they had a massive box of reduced ES bulbs, down to about £1 a bulb.... Is there anywhere you can buy the old light bulbs? I much prefer those to these ES bulbs that take ages to light up, i have some of the older bulbs in the lamps.

Like I said to Mick, give the LED type lamps a try, better and safer than the CFL's.

Yeah, after reading your post im going to look into that. I have a set of spot light type of light for the kitchen that take LED spot light bulbs. Deffonately going to look into a couple of the lamps too.

Here's a selection on Amazon UK....http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=248790031

Yeah, after reading your post im going to look into that. I have a set of spot light type of light for the kitchen that take LED spot light bulbs. Deffonately going to look into a couple of the lamps too.

Don't go mad at first, give a couple of the higher wattage ones a try, this is fairly new technology regarding LED lighting for homes etc, and the devices are getting more powerful and cheaper as they progress.

Thanks for the heads up there, Wont be getting any till after crimbo though. But need to replace a couple of lamps for some newens, ill deffonately look into buying a couple.

Plus.. some of them bulbs on the link you gave me will fit in the kitchen light.. and their cheaper. Bonus!

I got the missus to buy a couple for evaluation, the lower wattage are ideal for bedside table lamps, they do come in spots too... The mini Magllte torch I have deffo blinds the cats, so bright!!