Any mystery shoppers?

I am doing some research for my new novel of which the main character will be a mystery shopper. Obviously, I want to make that character as realistic as possible, and although I have had a go at doing some mystery shopping myself (a couple of supermarket assignments) I would appreciate anyone getting in touch if they have had experiences of doing pubs, venues or hotels.

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks!

A couple of tales for you.

When I worked on sales for the RAC team in Nottingham in the late 80's early 90' we had several 'mystery shoppers' foisted on us. I don't know why, but I only ever spotted one (Out of three) mainly because it was a girl who had been on a training course with me in Walsall !

I asked her what she was up to and she told me (Bless) As we had been quite pally on the course she gave me a rave review, more than the others did !!

The idea was for the 'mystery shopper' to show a bit of interest but not to purchase, she put down that I'd succesfully signed her up !!

My other tale concerns me being sent to the North East to test their sales team. (Up as far as Berwick upon Tweed down to Hull and accross too Leeds and up the A1 corridor) Great fun , different 4/5 usually 4 star hotel every night , and an expence account too !!

I had a fortnight to do them all, but found I'd done them all (A sales team of 20) within the first week. With another week to go of top nosh and a few glasses of good wobbly water , I decided to give them all a second go ! Glad to say only one of them sussed me (Not that I admitted it at the time) and it wasn't till the second visit.

Most of them got decent reviews from me , well you don't poo on your work colleagues do you ? apart from 3 who were never where they were supposed to be. (Middlesborough CoOp being one in particular. ) But they must have been incredibly thick as they were told of the weeks that I would be around !