A couple of pics for the "birders" amongst us to ID

Took these in Cornwall a couple of weeks back, the first one is (I'm pretty sure anyway) A Black Tailed Godwit in winter plumage, but for the life of me (And I've been through two bird books in the process) I can't ID the flock.

Any help from up there Old Ace would be much appreciated.

8200227669_63432ffa91_b.jpg

8200227831_97010bb859_b.jpg

8201311970_249a398f22_b.jpg

Love to think they are something as rare as that, but the beak is all wrong.

Thanks Katy, anybody else ?

Yes thanks folks , after much reading of books (4) and searching t'internet I'm in agreement on them being turnstones, thanks.

None of them have pictures in that particular colour scheme but we think they could still be in transition from Summer to Winter plumage.

Just got round to reading this thread. Yes they are Turnstones, and the first two pics are Black Tailed Godwits, or Blackwits as they are known in the birding fraternity.

I was down in Notts two weeks ago, and noticed that there were loads of Goldfinches around, including a 'charm' of 40 near Brinsley.

We had a flock up at Knutsford (About 10 miles away) last week, but I didn't get chance to get up there to see them.

Keep your eye on the local bird club websites, they usually post where you can see the rarer visitors, we're expecting them at Witham st Hughs very soon, hopefully I can get some better pics of them this year

Rog

I remember a flock of waxwings outside my house in Arnold years back...they were followed by twitchers to the New Inn in Carrington...a green at the back of the pub had a load of berry bearing trees on it.