Recall hearing the Small Faces (All or Nothing) for the first time in the Youth Club behind the Methodist Church Aspley Lane, circa 1966, also about the same time as Spencer Davis Group.............Keep on Running, we was Mods we was!! Next stop the Dungeon Club.....................

You have a good point mudgie49, but for a 15 year old lad like me it was as much the look & swagger of the Mohair suited mods that caught my imagination, suits from Burtons (2 for £30), other gear from Jeffs, that sort of look was not what the Who offered.................................just as much about the look as the music

:) Regarding the wonderfully, spunky Mod group 'The Small Faces' and their splendid recording of 'All or Nothing', released in 1966;

read recently that the date: 1966 was considered the greatest, creative year ever in British popular music.

PS: Easy to see why on viewing #866 - Wonderful video.

Went to see 'The Who' last night, they are on tour over here doing the 'Quadrophenia' sound track.

For a couple of 'OAPs',Messr's Daltrey and Townshend were terrific.After 2 hours Roger looked a little jaded,then Pete led with,'I can't explain'.

Mr Daltrey re-energized,and we had 30 mins of the 'Who's' 65-67 songs.

Paulus,the only thing missing on stage, were Moony,Entwistle,and Steve Marriot.

Remember seeing the Who live at the boat, or Brittania club, the band came on stage less Keith Moon, after a few whispers from a couple of the guys, someone helped Moony on and to the drums, he was totally out of it !

He seemed to come alive then and they hit it super loud with all the speaker stacks etc. Pete Townsend in a white boiler suit.

As the set came to a conclusion after approx 40 mins from memory, Keith fell off his stool backwards and was quickly helped from the stage and that was it, done !

Still a fabulous night and amazing memory, no wonder I now suffer with partial deafness Lol!

:) banjo48, thanks for treating us to an instantly visual story of 'The Who'. I recall seeing the group on 'Ready, Steady Go' and Keith so well into his drumming that he lost his sticks!! He was a great laugh - bless him - he was nicknamed 'Moon the Lune'. :biggrin:

:) Mudgie, I can imagine you, Denice and friends having a great time at 'The Who' concert - living legends. :)

And then there's The Who as well! :)

:) Now that I've taken my look in at 'Nottstalgia', I'm off to You Tube to play Jimmi Hendrix's 'Voodoo Child'.

Only one word to describe Jimmi's guitar playing and that is SUBLIME - love the man. bowdown

Just reading PeteTownshend's book and he mentions that Jimi - although becoming a much more accomplished player - took a lot of his early style, feedback in particular, from him.

hellothere Attention, Attention, all Jimi Hendrix fans out there:

In cinemas from November:

Hendrix 70: 'Live at Woodstock'.

Showcase Cinema, Nottingham, from Thu 29 Nov - Tue 4 Dec.

("We celebrate his 70th birthday as we continue to celebrate his legacy." Janie Hendrix - sister)

• 2 weeks later...