I see why Jackson would say The Police as Sting played a leading role in Quadrophinia,

Ps did you watch all of the youtube vids about Ronnie lane there were 6 of them.

Huh?

• 10 months later...

The Small Faces were for me the ultimate Mod band. Saw them first at the Sherwood Rooms, brilliant, and at the Stork club I think it was. No one had a voice quite like Stevie's. They came up with some great singles, some of the best pop songs of all time.

I never got into the Mod / Rocker thing, I liked items of fashion from both genres. I especially liked frayed Levi's , black T shirt, checked shirt, not tucked in, denim jackets, Wrangler cord jackets, baseball boots or desert boots and my long hair.

It was great when groups like the Jeff Beck Band, Family, Fleetwood Mac, Taste / Rory Gallagher, Chicken Shack, Humble Pie, Tim Rose / Aynsley Dunbar and the Groundhogs came along, you could wear anything, great days indeed!!!!!

Got a bit hippyish by about 67 - 70 but couldn't embrace all this love thy brother nonsense or live on brown rice and lentils. I loved my beer, wine, steaks, fish & chips, fry-ups and pork pies too much. However I loved cord flares, cheesecloth shirts and moccasins.

Lots of memories from this tread.

Saw the great Small Faces at the Dungeon, the Who at the Dungeon and the Theatre Royal, Hoochie Coochie men (which included Elton John) backing Long John Baldry and Patti Labelle & the Bluebirds (later Labelle), Steam Packet at the Dungeon, Shotgun Express at the Beachcomber, Tim Rose & Chicken Shack at the Boat Club. Probably more on this list.

The Stork Club was mentioned - I remember it but not where it was, remind me, please.

:biggrin:Basfordred, neither could I live on: 'brown rice and lentils' - too boring; I have given brown rice a go in the past - merely because it's supposed to be better for you - but I found it to have a bland taste.

As for lentils, I use these merely for a thickening to soup - not substantial enough for me.

I thought it was on Derby Rd near the old AA office, near the river Leen.

That's it. Memory failure!

I bet that was in Cloughies early days before the fitness / nutritionist / psychology types took over the game.

Before Clough. It would have been around 1970-72 I think. The days of Barnwell, Storey-Moore, Chapman, Hindley, O'Kane etc. however judging by what we read in the 'Red Tops' the young footballers still go out and get smashed ....... and get caught on camera!

At least in those days there was no press on your shoulder watching every move. Great players you mention there Lizzie, that's about the time I started watching Forest. Liam O'Kane was one of my favourite players of all time.