• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#46. I remember Bob's Spares. I once went there for someone and bought a bronze cylinder head for a 500cc Excelsior Manxman. Cost was five pounds, in late 1950s. The chap (Stu Slater, lived on Minver

As a 16 year old I had a bsa 650. I managed to seize it up due to stupidity, lack of knowledge and oil and I swapped it for a Norton es2 and 30 quid (my way) from one of the designers at Raleigh. At o

Anyone else remember Bob's Spares? They were on the corner of Northumberland Street and Alfred Street Central. Full of all sorts of reclaimed bits ad the occassional full bike.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 3:40 AM, philmayfield said:

Looks like a 2 stroke but not sure of the model.

What Bike ?      Oh I just noticed it but my mammery not that good

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 12/26/2012 at 9:00 AM, catfan said:

Ralph Holmes had two shops, one on Radford Road which was demolished to make way for the new police station along with the old Valve Shop which was also demolished.

They were Raleigh moped dealers & Raleigh cycle delers as well. For the life of me I can't remember where the second shop was situated.

A cousin of mine bought a moped from there about 1966, reg number GAU 82 D, funny how some things stick in your mind.

Bugger me.... Ralph's daughter Sally was me wife until she passed.... His second shop was on the Rylands the he ended up with a Honda dealership on Ilkeston road

• Like 1
On 3/2/2021 at 10:59 AM, ube said:

Bugger me.... Ralph's daughter Sally was me wife until she passed.... His second shop was on the Rylands the he ended up with a Honda dealership on Ilkeston road

I bought a new Honda CB 77 from Horace Rogers reg number GAU 60D, a good little bike,went to the TT races on it that year.I followed up later with  a Honda CB 450 Black Bomber, it went well but I liked the CB77 better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 7:53 AM, Waddo said:
On 5/17/2018 at 10:12 AM, denshaw said:

Chris Walker (super bike rider) his parents had a Kawasaki dealers on Hucknall rd, near the prison.

He now has a Kawasaki dealership in Grantham.

I worked at foxes kawasaki center on Mapperley.... Which was started by Stan Fox of Fox sewing machines... Anyroad I was good friends with the walkers baby sitting chris as a young lad and later he was best man at me wedding and then when Sally died he was there for me and me boys 

• Like 1