Bought my first bike 3 year old BSA C15 from Kingstons on Castle Boulevard in 1968, ( near work at Rediffusion under the Castle Rock),... next one was a rarity..a Norton Electra ( one of the first British bikes with an electric starter...but took a lot of fixing )...ended up with a 58 Thunderbird...went like s...t off a shovel..but then I  discovered the back seat of a car...much more convenient !

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Philmayfield. I've got a photo of Campion's shop on Wheeler gate,the window is full of pushbikes and there's a early Campion motor bike outside. Google Campions Wheeler Gate Nottingham.

#46. I remember Bob's Spares. I once went there for someone and bought a bronze cylinder head for a 500cc Excelsior Manxman. Cost was five pounds, in late 1950s. The chap (Stu Slater, lived on Minver

As a 16 year old I had a bsa 650. I managed to seize it up due to stupidity, lack of knowledge and oil and I swapped it for a Norton es2 and 30 quid (my way) from one of the designers at Raleigh. At o

Hi Mot the hopeful 

Welcome to our site 

I read your post and it reminded me of when I first met hubby (master) we had a BSA Bantum 125. It was one of the first things we owned. The master wanted to go and see his brother in Sunny Skugnee of  we set. Well not being use to sitting on a bike for a lng time, when we arrived, my legs would not move and I had to be peeled off the seat.  After the 125 having words with keep left ballards a disagreement with a humber car the last straw was when one Saturday more going down University bolevard tto his job at Plessy the back trye burst and that was the end ot our little Batum 125.

Dp keep posting Mot the hopful  nice to get new members.

3 hours ago, mary1947 said:

keep posting Mot the hopful  nice to get new members.

Not a new member Mary. Been on since September 2018.

hi Beekay  sorry MOT 

its an age thing,