Nottingham Christmas Market 2012

What a crushingly poor effort - even by recent years' standards.

They didn't even manage to get the 'two-storey Victorian bar' in the square built in time fir the big switch-on night. Way, way from it.

Usual complete rip-off food - no thanks.

An array of tat that would grace an Albanian market town. (No offence to any Albanians looking in!)

Wake up Nottingham, for goodness sake.

Agent Stu - reporting for Nottstalgia from the quiet oasis of the Bell Inn Elizabethan bar.

I allways have a walk around the german christmas market at least once a year, last year me and my partner went for one of their giant hot dogs and a pint to have a break from shopping! I went to the lincoln christmas market when i was a child and remembered that i loved it, i love lincoln though so i might have to go up this year! Does anyone know when its on?

Not been for years but the Lincoln Christmas Market was so busy they had a one way system in operation for Pedestrians.

A bit like IKEA :)

Same in Nottingham...except we have traffic wardens in party hats...Didn't rate the Middle east theme though..Santas sleigh just isn't the same pulled by camels... :tongue: The 'Hamas' fireworks and rocket display might be interesting though. ;)

Went to Birmingham last Tuesday (20th) very good, plenty of stalls with decent quality goods on offer, Don't go to Lincoln market even though it's only up the road, alright if you want to be carried around in the crush but not for me

Rog

Christmas, i think

... Did indeed make me chuckle!! I didnt think the lincoln one was on for as long as our's, now i have time ill check the internet :)

By the way, sometimes i do ask questions on the forum that i could easily find on the net, but most of the time i usually only get time to log on, check emails, facebook and the forum before i have to das off again, so forgive me :)

I read that the York one is now being held at a retail park outside the city centre. Shame as it had a nice situation at York Castle previously. Went there once having decided to have a skate on the ice rink there. Too bad when I got there the ice rink was under water after heavy rain!

Never fancied the Lincoln Christmas Market. The whole experience, parking and all sounds like a complete zoo.

The Edinburgh Winter Wonderland has a very pretty setting in Princes Street Gardens.

Agree with Stu about the Edinburgh winter wonderland, have been going there for the last few years, always spend Christmas in Edinburgh, wedding anniversary at the same time

Rog

I love Lincoln but the christmas Market ? No thanks.

No where to park except the Park & Ride which last year cost £12.............I don't think so.

Seems this year is between £12 - £15 depending on what day you go.

http://lincoln-christmasmarket.co.uk/information-for-visitors/park-and-ride-service/