• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

POLITICIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! ‘Entitlement’ my eye, I paid good money for my State Pension and other benefits!!!! Just because they borrowed that money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of char

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different sit

For those who were wondering....    

Here is somthing to make any pub goer see red.............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320578/The-drinks-US-MPs-want-cut-price-drinks-Parliament-bars--taxpayer-footing-bill.html

Just as a matter of intrest, how much is a pint of bitter now?

• 2 months later...

A couple sank £30,000 of their retirement savings into a dream 26ft mobile home. 18 months ago it was stolen off a caravan park by gypsies. The Police have just found it and discovered a gypsy couple with 2 children are living in it. The owners were really happy to hear that the Police had found it. However, this is the UK and things aren't that straightforward. Because of the gypsies 'human rights' the Police have no power to recover the stolen mobile home. The Social Services would have to be involved to find the gypsy family accommodation or it would be a breach of their 'human rights'. Isn't it scandalous?.

Gypsy is an often miss used word.

These people are not gypsies they are 'itinerant travellers'.

Travelling round committing crime.

I once had occasion in my job to visit a true Gypsy family, the nicest people you could wish to meet.

A couple sank £30,000 of their retirement savings into a dream 26ft mobile home. 18 months ago it was stolen off a caravan park by gypsies. The Police have just found it and discovered a gypsy couple with 2 children are living in it. The owners were really happy to hear that the Police had found it. However, this is the UK and things aren't that straightforward. Because of the gypsies 'human rights' the Police have no power to recover the stolen mobile home. The Social Services would have to be involved to find the gypsy family accommodation or it would be a breach of their 'human rights'. Isn't it scandalous?.

Since they nicked it the right place for them to be "accommodated" is in jail.

Do the couple who had their mobile home stolen have 'human rights',or is the law just for ethnic minorities?.

I find it hard to understand why the police cannot make an arrest.

So if you are a white Anglo Saxon,you would get busted for the same crime?.

Being politically correct I suppose,a load of b------s, 'what's good for one is good for all'.

Rob.L., I was reading the newspapers on the Internet last night when I saw it. It's in most of the newspapers. I don't know how to do the link but the Daily Mail has an e-mail facility so I sent myself the e-mail to get the link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381292/Police-let-gypsy-family-stay-couples-30-000-stolen-caravan-moving-breach-human-rights.html

Sod the do-gooders, vigilantes are the only answer!

• 1 month later...

You should know that most of our leaders are not in the slightest bit interested in the people they are elected to represent. That is why the electorate and their opinions and needs (especially those of us who have worked all our lives and paid loadsamoney into the system) are treated with complete and utter contempt. Those so called leaders are only init for what they can get out of it which is quite a lot.

By the way, does anyone know of any ordinary Brit who had the opportunity to vote for the president of the European Union?

Scuse my ignorance but, are those "travellers" mentioned in Post #121 - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2406776/Wild-Park-travellers-force-Brighton-Hove-Council-remove-expensive-gate.html - the nice friendly people we once knew as Gypsies; the kind, peg selling, fortune telling families that once used to roam the English countryside in ornate horse drawn caravans and set up on wastelands or commons???

If so, judging by the state of art mobile homes they own now - I might just go into the peg selling business!

How has England degenerated into a country that allows these people to descend en masse to wherever they want to set up camp, with such impunity and total disrespect for the law?

Daft.....it is bloody ridiculous!

Without wishing to deflect from other threads on this Forum discussing the merits or otherwise of elected leaders and the influence of the EU; it would appear that people currently in power only have their own interests and/or kow tow to European dictates.

Persons should be elected that have the interests of ENGLAND at heart and the backbone and balls to do something about the issues facing the country.

There....that was my tuppenorth!

Doubt you will get any of these selling pegs . Looking at the vans I would say they are the ones that want to sell you new guttering and facia boards etc . At inflated prices .

The pick up trucks are usually tree loppers or scrap metal collectors or driveway renewal . Probably come over from S. Ireland for the summer .

My sister lives over there and says many of them register for benefits under different names to collect multiple payouts .