The age of political correctness and discrimination gone stark raving mad!

The comments following this article are sufficient...............

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/firearms-officers-win-sex-discrimination-3157108

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

POLITICIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! ‘Entitlement’ my eye, I paid good money for my State Pension and other benefits!!!! Just because they borrowed that money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of char

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different sit

For those who were wondering....    

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different situations.

In Australia I had a thriving business. I used to organize school field trips for the schools (mainly primary schools). In the contract I organized the bus, food, menu and activities program for a 4 to 5 day trip. All equipment was supplied, tents, cooking equipment etc. (we had a fully equipped trailer). The camps were usually conducted in National parks which had limited facilities

With each camp went a camp cook, a leader (who was also qualified in First Aid) and 2 teachers from the school.

The activities included leadership skills, teamwork, orienteering, camp hygiene, cooking, fire making and recreational activities such as forest walks and swimming. The kids loved the camps. It took them well away from their comfort zones and they had to adapt to their new environments quickly. They always came back from the camps with additional life skills that they could not learn in school or at home. Only once did we encounter a major problem. A child was bitten by a spider. We always had a vehicle available for emergencies. The bite was treat by the first aid person, then the student was rushed to the hospital for treatment. After the treatment the student's parents were notified and with their permission the student returned to the camp.

I had this business for 4 years, then one day the Education Department advised that no further field trips were to be conducted as they could not get insurance for the trips from the insurance companies. Insurance companies said the risk was too great for insuring. So who missed out? The kids. The kids nowadays are not allowed independence, they are not allowed to think for themselves. Just imagine what these kids will be like as employees. The bosses will have to make all the decisions for them, they will not be able to work in a team. the boss will spend most of his/her time handling complaints. Like, He took my pencil, or this is too hard for me. It is getting harder and harder to prepare kids for the future. Parents and Government departments are becoming to overprotective. I believe we can still protect our kids, but allow them opportunities to think and learn for themselves. The best learning tool is to learn from mistakes, don't pamper the kids, let them or make them work things out for themselves like we had to.

• Upvote 7

It is a very sad fact but fortunately a lot of kids are still born with an over-riding inquisitiveness. They still have a spirit of adventure which, if grown-ups don't provide for they will take it upon themselves. Sadly, too many of them are content with virtual adventure with the aid of TV and computer games etc.

#203 Bilbraborn So true, but they still need some freedom to be allowed to follow through on their inquisitiveness and also need adults to answer any questions they may have truthfully. Many parents (mainly the parents who have to work) and even some teachers do not take the time to respond to children's questions. As for computer games, my English classes start with conversation, with questions such as What have you been doing? 98% of the answers are playing computer games or watching TV, so to get a conversation going I have to ask; "And what games have you been playing? or and What movies have you watched? Tell me more about the TV show you watched?". The next problem is most kids can tell you the games they have played, but many cannot tell you what they have watched on TV. And in many cases this also relates to older and adult students too. We sit on a bus or travel the tube and most people are standing or sitting playing their i phones. A student was telling me last night that her teacher writes everything on the blackboard and then tells the students to copy it, If the students finish early the teacher just tells them to write it again. Yesterday the student's teacher was found by the principal to be sipping milk and playing games on her iPhone at her desk, while the students were writing. She was quickly marched out of the class by the principal. But she returned later.

With the interest this teacher shows in her students what chance do her students have.

Now to change the subject.

#161 mick2me. In Taiwan, we still use bins next to the toilet bowls. This is because the sewer pipes are too small. When I first came to Taiwan it was hard to handle, but as I got use to it, I came to accept it. Bins have plastic liners and lids on them, in public places older people are employed to work in the toilets to keep the them clean and clear out the used paper. In most cases only one or two pieces of paper are in the bin when they are emptied. Most public toilets are kept spotless and I have never had a problem with smell. The paper is also kept in clear plastic bags, so the rubbish collectors can see what is in the bags. They are kept and disposed of separately from other rubbish.

Re: Post #181 Bilbraborn Your post is right, I have had many an opportunity to ponder this question. Women do screw up and men do fold. It seems this maybe a world wide practice. Now I am going to stir the pot. Maybe the men are more space conscious than women, as a folded piece of paper take up less room in the bins. Or, maybe the women may be more hard working than the men and do not have time to fold, so they always screw up.. Maybe we should conduct a survey on why you fold or why you screw up. Now I hope this has got to the bottom of a couple of questions. Love bottoms do not like screw ups.

NOT TODAY, SARGE.....IT'S TOO COLD.

Have you heard anything so ridiculous?. Unfortunately, when it comes to PC in the UK, YES, WE HAVE.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2568384/British-soldiers-banned-training-snowy-conditions-Norwegian-base-health-safety-rules-deem-COLD.html

The BBC (!!!) reported this morning that has been exaggerated over the report that says immigration has affected Brits getting jobs. Whatever!!!

Yes the actual number of British workers jobs taken by immigrants is 25%.

Well thats OK then!

The rest must be wealthy folks who dont need a job!

In case I did not mention it before... VOTE UKIP!

If you feel that Clagg, Cameroon or Millibland should be put in power next time, feel free to express your views.

Freedom of speech and that's what I say.

Must admit i agree with everything i hear Nigel Farage say,and Peter Hitchens in the Mail on sunday, but then again i used to agree with Robert Kilroy Silk,,

so what sort of judge am i :laugh:

I paid no attention in the days of Kilroy-Silk.

But then I did not see a threat to the very sovereignty of our country.