It was bound to happen ........ I’ve seen an individual, to me it looked like a young man, wearing lots of makeup, trying on dresses (over ‘his’ clothes) in Primark.  I tried my best to ignore what I was seeing but it wasn’t easy!  

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

POLITICIANS PLEASE PAY ATTENTION ! ‘Entitlement’ my eye, I paid good money for my State Pension and other benefits!!!! Just because they borrowed that money, doesn't make my benefits some kind of char

When I was a kid in Nottingham, I used to enjoy the field trips, some were abroad or trips to London etc. These trips took the kids out of their comfort zones and helped them to adapt to different sit

For those who were wondering....    

Used to catch loads of lifters in the Coop there,,posh cars loads of money,still went on the thieve. Most indignant when Collared, bless em. Lol

First time I've seen this topic so I scrolled back and read some of the earlier posts.

Despite the basic tenet of no politics there is an amazing assortment of comment back there and a very active M2M taking swipes at things like Tony Blairs net worth, immigration and Europe etc...

A typical M2M comment form March 5 2014:-

'If you feel that Clagg, Cameroon or Millibland should be put in power next time, feel free to express your views.

Freedom of speech and that's what I say.'

There was no nastiness among the various posters, in fact they all appear to be singing from the same hymn sheet. How times change...

So who decided 'no politics'?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Used to catch loads of lifters in the Coop there,,posh cars loads of money,still went on the thieve. Most indignant when Collared, bless em. Lol

Some Lords and Ladies, celebrities too been convicted of shop lifting.

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Never had Lizzie down as a Primark shopper. smile2

When I was in Nottingham last January I met up with Lizzie and said as I only had hand luggage all I wanted to buy was some tee shirts as in summer I go through a lot. She suggested I try Primark as they had loads at only £ 3-4 . Not knowing what the quality was I said I would have a look. I ended up buying 19 , short and long sleeved. They were washed dried and ironed all summer and have just sorted them out this morning and they are still in good order to wear again this summer. Other things at Primark I can't vouch for but these tee shirts were a good buy.

A new H& M store has opened in a commercial centre here. I never entertained the clothes in there as thought they were cheap 'n" horrible. My grand daughter has bought a lot of clothes from there and she looks really nice always, so for Christmas I gave all 3 a credit card gift voucher for them to use.

Out of curiosity I had a good look round and found the quality was a vast improvement to what it was and have already bought 6 tee shirts so far this year at €4 a piece. Can't go wrong at that price even if theyre worn and thrown away.

So cheap stores don't always mean cheap tatty clothes 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I still wear some  tops that I bought 25 years ago!  Perhaps they were better-made in those days?  The oldest tee shirt I have is about 5 years old but  Paul has one that I remember buying for him in the early nineties!  He still wears it several times a year.   

• Like 1

Phil , Alex is in Sicily now but home tomorrow. Last time he went he bought me 4 jumpers made by Camomila a well known  make here. It was the end of season and he got them greatly reduced. His sisters were with him and they were convinced that I wouldn't like them. They were wrong I loved them. Hes just phoned me now to check on my size and said he'd seen some more beautiful jumpers and trousers, " shall I get them"? He's very good at knowing what suits me and I trust his judgement. Years ago he bought me a pair of shoes and matching hand bag. They fit perfectly ( shoes) and the bag was as I would have chosen myself.

He doesn't like anyone buying for him though.

• Like 1

Most of my wardrobe is sooooo old. Though I do top up with new items.I have a lovely photo on my mantle piece of me holding my 9month old granddaughters hand as she walked along the wall at Mablethorpe. I wore a red and white flowery skirt and sleeveless cotton Broidery  Anglais blouse, she is 19 in December and my skirt and blouse still get worn every summer. I didn't come from the kind of background where I could just discard clothes if I got fed up of them. They would be altered over again into something else until it could be done no more. For some reason, these days my clothes all seem to have gone short and wide. Strange That?:rolleyes:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I suppose for some people shoplifting is a psychological aberration and has nothing to do with need.

Once caught a very well turned out lady.......late 60s loads of money,, house paid for,,husband dead,,told me she was bored and did it for a kick,,,lovely woman,,we dated for a while but it came to nothing.......lol         ...........joking

5 hours ago, Brew said:

So who decided 'no politics'?

I'll have a go at answering you Brew,my guess is it would be some snowflake who doesn't want anyone else to have an opinion different to their own

Rog

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, denshaw said:

It was put it to all the members a few years ago and we had a poll. The majority  decided we don't want politics. So be it. 

This could open a whole new can of worms so I'll leave it alone ..........................................................

1 minute ago, plantfit said:

I take it from your reply Den that we got the Extension , (to article 50) slywink

Rog

Not yet......................

• Like 1