after passing the driving test in 66, my first car was a Ford Pop situp'n'beg that cost the tidy sum of £20 .. with its side valve engine and three gears, speeds of up to 50 mph could easily be achieved, and all this with leather seating, and room for four .. man! you knew you'd arrived with this baby! B)

Skegness may have been a little bit too ambitious for it, but runs to Trent bridge, and Wollaton park were often taken without any hitch!

I remember it being a pig to start in the mornings, often having to resort to the starting handle, but other than that it was ok! ;)

..it was later to be replaced by a Austin Westminster A90..

What was your first?

post-25-1090048926_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

:D You promise not to laugh :D

B) I too passed my test in the 60s about the same time as ilko, but i never owned a car until 1971, i use to borrow me dads for going out at the weekends and doing me courting in but i won't go to far down that road well not until someone starts a new thread on the subject.

:rolleyes: Now i said don't laugh, my very first car if you can call it that was a new Reliant Reagal Van, :D stop laughing now :D Cariabbean Green :D i'm warning ya stop laughing :D I kept that for a year then in 72 i bought a NSU 1000C in RED that was a great car, air cooled made by i think Volkswagon, kept that for 3 years and then bought a Triumph TOLEDO in Wedgewood blue kept that car for about 9 years, then traded that in for a Austin Meastro again in RED , then traded that in for a Ford Fiesta Red again then another Fiesta in Green this time, from the Green Fiesta to a new Fiat BRAVO in metalic light Blue, had a few problems with that car so i traded it in after about a year for a new Toyota Carola kept that for six years and so on to my newest car to date as you all now by now is a Citroen Picasso. :ph34r: With Leather interior. "GREAT" :ph34r:

post-25-1100437997_thumb.jpg

My Sierra Gold 'Exclusive' Piccasso is unique, it is the only one in the worlds that has The Orange '76' gasoline ball on the arial! You may spot it one day in the vicinity.

That may even tell you my CitPic Identity :ph34r:

:D

My Sierra Gold 'Exclusive' Picasso is unique, it is the only one in the world that has The Orange '76' gasoline ball on the arial! You may spot it one day in the vicinity.

:D I do remember reading that quote but for the life of me i cannot find the thread it came from. I do know that Teacherpete2 is from Nottingham, but that is all i can find at the moment, your CitPic identity :ph34r: is safe for now but i wouldn't hold your breath for long :D I have my Spy's B) :D

:ph34r: Shows your pic admin :rolleyes:

B) Also i have my own plate on. I bought it when i purchased the Toyota in 1998, i won't give it on here but it starts with the letter "S"

post-25-1100822421_thumb.gif

• 10 years later...