Sad to see he's passed on today. For those of us inspired by his enthusiasm astronomy will never be the same

I watched "The Sky at Night " a couple of days ago and he didn't seem to well then.

Oh what sad news, always enjoyed watching the sky at night with sir Patrick, he will be missed, as Ian says an inspiration to many

Rog

I've just read your post, Beefsteak and I feel really upset to learn of the passing of Patrick Moore. To me, he was a true legend and I grew up watching 'The Sky At Night'. I would be engrossed with it's content although not always understanding it all. It was only a few days ago that I mentioned Patrick Moore in the 'Water's a bit high at Trent Bridge' thread, #23.

RIP Sir Patrick, can't say I ever understood much about astronomy, but he was certainly the biggest influence on so many people that did.

RIP Sir Patrick Moore. March 1923 - December 2012. His next programme was to be a lesson about use of telescopes; just what I needed too :(