Tribal Neighbourhoods

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speak for yourself Ayeupmeducks! At the moment I still feel like a teenager!! Still love music, although I prefer 60's stuff I enjoy listening to a lot of the more recent artists. Still have good h

After your post Ben I read up the page and came to Margies post from a few years ago...  Margie doing the birdy dance.... now there's a mental picture to treasure!    

#12 poohbear I remember the Arnold and Sherwood 'Rumble' I was there, It was around 1962 rather than the 50s unless there were two Rumbles, when a few friends and me went along with the Arnold lads

I was 12 or 13 when I bought my first Elvis record. I don't think I really understood what he was singing about but liked the sound!

Not surprised after years of popular music such as...

The runaway train...

Close the door they're coming through the window...

The railroad comes through the middle of the house...

And other dross inflicted on our teenage ears....Mind you with this rap rubbish now I think we're going backwards.

Not surprised after years of popular music such as...

The runaway train...

Close the door they're coming through the window...

The railroad comes through the middle of the house...

And other dross inflicted on our teenage ears....Mind you with this rap rubbish now I think we're going backwards.

Thanks for that ....NOT. Those old songs were going round and round in my head till after midnight! What were those things that were 'coming through' the window anyway - does anyone know? I agree there were some very strange songs in the early fifties.

But I quite like rap - not the words but the sound of it generally. Does that make sense?

Stan, thanks for that link to the fifties songs. I really enjoyed looking through them.

To everyone who reads this......This thread seems to have moved a long way from Tribal Neighbourhoods. Does it matter?

Carni, I'd nearly forgotten that song - thanks for reminding me about it. Looking at it on youtube with subtitles!!! it does have strange words but when I used to dance to it, I don't think I thought about the words much. I think with me it was mostly about the music even when I sang along with the 'boom she boom she boom ram a lam a ding dong......'

• Upvote 1

Sorry to upset a lot of folk, but I couldn't stand Elvis at any price. I couldn't stand most of his songs, I didn't like his voice and I certainly couldn't abide his look. He came across as a greasy Momma's boy. !!!!!

• Upvote 1

Three reasons as I've just stated. Maybe it was a generation thing. I left school in 62 and detested the thought of being a Ted. and wanted to be a bit of a playboy, however with the onset of groups I wanted to be a Modish hippy.

Afraid I agree with basfordred about Elvis. Couldn't stand him and only in the last 15 years or so have been able to listen to his records, I reckon it was a bit of a Marmite situation with him, though it seemed many more raved about him than not.

• Upvote 1

I have never been interested in 50's Elvis type music and I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to any.

Maybe he is such an icon and raved over because the alternative we had was Cliff Richard, yuk.

I could be totally wrong because I just don't know enough of that music era.

• Upvote 2

I can,t stand Phil Collins his voice sounds like a bee in a bucket to me ,I have to turn the wireless down when he,s on.

• Upvote 1

#61 janice Nichol on hearing a new Elvis single "I,ll give it a hundred foives" on some juke box jury type programme who,s name eludes me I think the presenter was keith fordyce

#69 Robbie,

After being tied to me Mams APRON STRINGS i went TRAVELLING LIGHT as a BATCHELOR BOY until i found my THEME FOR A DREAM. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

She turned out to be a DEVIL WOMAN so i thought i'd better MOVE IT because theres boUnd to be a NEXT TIME and there was and everyone said CONGRATULATIONS :biggrin:

• Upvote 1