Tribal Neighbourhoods

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Speak for yourself Ayeupmeducks! At the moment I still feel like a teenager!! Still love music, although I prefer 60's stuff I enjoy listening to a lot of the more recent artists. Still have good h

After your post Ben I read up the page and came to Margies post from a few years ago...  Margie doing the birdy dance.... now there's a mental picture to treasure!    

#12 poohbear I remember the Arnold and Sherwood 'Rumble' I was there, It was around 1962 rather than the 50s unless there were two Rumbles, when a few friends and me went along with the Arnold lads

Don't know about the lovely Cliff R, but I can still dance - only yesterday I was doing Agadoo and the Birdie song at the local toddler group. We know how to have fun out here in the Fens.

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

Been enjoying reading some of these older threads again..........this one ''Tribal Neighbourhoods''' i found interesting  i reckon my age group (born 1945)  missed the real 'Tribal' troubles that were mainly in the 50s with a long gap to the 80s....and my real times were 60s and 70s....never saw any bother down Locarno sherwood rooms or the Palais...we were only there for the girls and a Dance......

However in 1964 whilst lodging at Mauds  in Coalville i used to visit a miners club every friday night called the West end club'' (think still open). where it seemed to be a rule that just before 10 pm  a chair would fly thru the air and a full scale ruckus would kick off....not being one to join in i usually grabbed my Pint and the lass i was dancing with and got under the nearest table.....lol   happy friday nights in good old Coalville........

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

After your post Ben I read up the page and came to Margies post from a few years ago...  Margie doing the birdy dance.... now there's a mental picture to treasure!     yada

• Like 4

I was only doing it for the toddlers!  
These days I just jive with a chair in the house when no one looking (or do the twist) before collapsing exhausted into a chair

• Like 1

I love to dance too margie,,and i often even when alone put some music on and dance me ass off,,,missing that at the moment after my recent hospital stay,,but when my fitness returns the music will be up and throbbing,, 

• Like 1

I recall down the 360.. around 1969 or thereabouts.. we suddenly had an influx of lads from somewhere 'a bit rough'.  Hendon Rise rings a bell but I'm no longer sure. As I recall their club was closed for some reason.  Anyway...later that night one of those lads hit a girl.  Surprisingly.. that wasn't allowed in the 360..even back then..:angry:

So.. the villain was ejected in 'short order', after which all hell let loose.  Yours truly.. never a good fighter.. was reluctantly involved as I tried to stop two idiots from killing Picko. I ended up going head first and backwards down three flights of stairs before the big lump on top of me ..who I'll aways recall..was wearing a cheap purple 'choker' with an even bigger cheaper ring on it, decided to 'nut' me. Being already a bit peeved by hitting my head on the stair posts.. I managed to whack the side of his head a couple of times but ended up on the floor in the foyer being used as a football by several morons.

I had a couple of broken teeth.  My brand new blue corduroy shirt was in ribbons.  My contacts were somewhere up in my skull next to my ears...

Oh! the joys of youth..

• Like 1