Sign in to follow this  
wendy bowman

Carlton - the part near Tesco

They are all my Great-Great Aunties and uncles. Samuel William, who we knew as Billy, Was my great Grandad. I have pictures of Edgar in a hospital bed during the first world war.

And Samuel, who we knew as Billy was my Great Grandad and yes he did marry Emily Phipps around 1900

Is the building in the Carlton precinct going to be pulled down? There is fencing round it.I think it was built late 60 s?

I don't think it's being demolished. According to the planning applications on Gedling Council website, the building is being converted into apartments (for real people rather than students).

• Upvote 1

On 2014-1-17 at 9:17 PM, piggy and babs said:

david there were a family of sheltons who lived on dunston st netherefield who were heavily involved in running the scouts leaders for many yearsour neighbour linda hill married there son rob and until recently was still a leaderat the cubs and scouts in netherfieldrob died a few years agobut linda still lives on dunston st this family might be related to your shelton relitives

Rob had a brother (Mick) and a sister (Carol - married name Comerie).  His dad was Cyril Thomas and his mum Evelyn (nee Hallam).  Cyril had a brother Sid and a sister Lucy (married name Moseby).  His father (Rob's grandad) was Robert William Shelton - I believe he was born in Carlton, but can't be certain.

Hi, tabbyoddsocks, Do you know if Carols surname is spelt Comerie or Comery. I have a few of the last spelling in my family tree, all Carlton/Sneinton people. :)

Had this cribbed for a while..the mention of Beefy today..reminded me..so plonked this late 60's- early 70's film here.

• Like 1