How about lovely Aisling Loftus who plays Agnes Towler in Mr Selfridge.....she was born and raised in my old neck of the woods, Lady Bay in West Bridgford.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Late1959/early 1960 Col, perhaps would have been pre-proto Jaycats, can't remember. Ivan Jay was in this band I think before Lee who joined us very shortly after. We had a regular turnover of members,

A few more 'celebs' from around these parts (verified by Mr Google):   Richard Beckinsale (Carlton). Bill Roache (Basford). Peter Bowles (London-born but moved to Hyson Green when

Think we've been here before...   I was taught English at High Pavement by the late Stanley Middleton, author of many novels and Booker Prize winner. I was at High Pavement with Harold

Peter Bowles (To The Manor Born... and lots of other sit coms etc) used to get on the 43 bus outside Henry Mellish school every morning on his way to High Pavement school at Stanley Road, Forest Fields. He was 16 and I was 12 at the time and went to the same school as him.

We were both taught by the same English teacher, Stanley Middleton, who won the booker prize after writing scores of novels. He went to Pavement as a boy and returned to teach there and always lived in Nottingham. Firstly on Highbury Vale (Broomhill Road) then Sherwood between Hucknall Road and Mansfield Road below the prison.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Barry Foster also lived in the Medders for a while as did Leslie Crowther, who was born in West Bridgeford. Leslie Crowther lived on Wilford Cresent close to the library.

remember rob duffy and the children

Was a very good friend of ours in 60's - still see him now and again and he is still on the music scene in Nottingham.

• 8 months later...

of couse there was paper lace

and billy furys tornadoes all came from nottingham

vince eager hails grom grantham but now lives radcliff on trent

Richard Beckinsdale.

Born in Carlton a month before me.

Died so tragically from a heart attack when he was 31 years old.

He went to Alderman White Secondary Modern School.

I think his best roles were in Porridge, as Lennie Godber, and Rising Damo as student Alan Guy Moore.

A sad loss.

• 1 year later...

We were supposed to be going in there and had arranged to meet my brother and I did think you may be there too Chrissie, but we had a good couple of hours in H & G and thought it best to head home. Glad you enjoyed it ....... not my favourite either!

RIP Richard Beckinsale - so sad. I still remember hearing about it at the time, having been a mega Porridge fan from its first broadcasts

I had no idea about Barry Foster. Remember the Van der Valk theme tune - genius!

Eddie Balls took the school bus with my sister! And I gave the little bugger lines at school! :) (They aren't half keeping him quiet in this election campaign aren't they - I imagine him in a broom cupboard at the Millibands' with a gag on :biggrin: )

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...