One of these Mick?...A neighbour had one of these in the fifties.I can see him now..around 80,grey haired,covered with a tartan blanket.Must've put muscles on the old biceps.

pushch_zpse1185239.jpg

Used to see a lot of these being propelled up and down the prom at Mablethorpe by residents of the convalescent home. One of the old boys was quite badly disfigured, I'd guess a war veteran, and I remember a a small child being quite scared of him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect there is another issue here too. Before all of the legislation, organisations like bus operators and British Rail (remember them?) used to take a bit of pride in going out of their way to lo

Babs you are right about the buggy giving disabled people a degree of independence. Right now my wife is using it to travel to the hospital to see the physiotherapist. Before the buggy I had to drive

I remember the three wheeled invalid trike very well, a mate if mine had an uncle who was resident at the Adbolton lane Cheshire home, he had one and would regularly drive/ride it from the home to my mates house at Clifton, this would be in the 1960's, by lulling alternatively on the upright handles it would act similar to a tredle and greate forward motion, geared in such a way as not to be too onerous on the rider/driver, if we accompanied him to the Meadow lane ground me and my mate would get in for free to watch the match, in those days disabled people could get into the Meadow lane and City grounds free and sit behind one of the goals

Rog

in those days disabled people could get into the Meadow lane and City grounds free and sit behind one of the goals

Rog

Aye Rog, I remember seeing those Invacars at some grounds in the days when football was on the FREE telly, parked up by the touchline!

Wonder what Elf and Safety would make of that now?

• 3 months later...

I had a drive through there a couple of weeks back, it didn't seem too crass to us either.

saw a duble buggy like that a few weeks ago in the car park at sainsburys on nottingham rd baseford so not just in bennidorm. only thing was old man on it on his own wondered were his partner was. the other thing i did wonder was he going to take it round the shop if so how would he manover it round the isles its hard enough with a single buggy some shops just dont think when they put extra baskets ectra in the ilsles or on the ends of them.

be great if the gold wing seats like that i could get on and have a good ride out and get through the trafic. better still if they did on mobillity

Don't know why they don't have supermarkets dedicated to the mobility scooter shopper that way they would'nt block the isles off and catch the ankles of the more able bodied shopper, we are fast becoming a minority shopper

Rog

Can't get the trike in for mobility scooters, I see you can hire a scooter at the Asda to help you get round the store, not content with parking as close to the door as possible in their own parking bay, they now have their own scooter hire station in the store doorway, what next chauffeur driven mobility scooters, we were pushed out of the way by a scooter "driver" on Loughborough market the other week and the lazy cow got off the scooter and more or less ran to the fish stall and went to the front of the queue to get served first, she was right pi$$ed off when the stall holder ignored her until the rest of his customers were served, no sorry to offend but I aint got no time for em

Rog

i agree with you rog some mobillity schooter user are arigant and ignorant but by all means not all and all i can say is good for the stall holder. some places i would not take a schooter round but others i would. most of the big shops now have there own scooters not just asda they are limmited to 2 miles per hour half the average walking speed so you carnt go speeding round the store.better to use a schooter tan colaps halfway round. only in morrisons do you have to do a test and be registered but once you have got your card you can use the scooters in any stallthis covers them for insurrance if you do happen too run into someone. i have nearly done it a few times when people walk across you specially when texting on mobilesbut i am alert enough to be watching out for them even if they not watch out for other people i have even been run into by other peoples trolleys when they carry on walking and not look were there going. it works both ways rog.

The bloke who invented (if thats the right word) the scooter wants horse whipping for encouraging people to use these things instead of the mobility aids the good lord gave them, I agree if you've lost them aids fair enough but most of the anti social drivers of these things are able bodied and are just too lazy to walk which would be more healthier for them, fag in one hand and a bag of chips or a burger in the other, they don't even begin to look after themselves, bloody menaces

Rog

Talking of supermarkets, have a look around the Parent & Toddler parking spaces & see the empty shopping trolley's dumped everywhere. Too bleedin idle parents can't be arsed to return the things to the proper place GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Don't know where you do your shopping but round here you have to put a quid in to get a trolly. And I can assure you, there are no trollies abandoned near the P+T spaces.