• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I am in the wrong forum but read a lovely note from a girl who loved Neil of the Heidelbergers..........he is my brother, Tomo on here..............I always hated him.................all the g

Hi all I've only just heard about this site and wanted to let you know about the humble beginnings of Carl's Fables as I was a founder member. Can't remember the exact date but it was around 1966 whe

carls fables I first saw carls fables at the Carlton hotel in the sixties and was hooked with the band right away. I saw them three times a week all over Notts . miners welfares, working

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Never knew them, but followed them in Notts.

Mention to him Sherwoods Social Club around 1971.

And Last time I remember seeing them was at a Barbecue in a big tent tent somewhere A52 near Gamston Canal?

Would be great to get their history here, any pictures?

know crissy has not been on for a long time but i rememer her and her family i lived next to charlie fred and was big freind of leslie denoonand we used to go to a lot of the places mentioned by he but our favorite was always whitehart lento still see leslie and graham her husband most weeks and of course ashley

carls fables I first saw carls fables at the Carlton hotel in the sixties and was hooked with the band right away. I saw them three times a week all over Notts . miners welfares, working mens clubs, 3 60 , Jacksdale, Bingham,Blidworth just to name a few. They would start off with the Everley brothers, then Blueberry blue, I can hear the grass grow, Do I still figure in your life Yellow river and would finish the first stint with Im a man. The second stint would start with da doo ron ron , then john would do Flames,joes writ,and Afghan hound, witch should have been a hit. Then they would play lets spend the night together and always finished with born to be wild, I just wish they recorded there music. Thanks Carl,John,Doug and Pete for great memmories.

• Upvote 2

:hand: Hi, I'm John Oates (one of the original Carl's Fables band members)

My daughter stumbled across this page while having a google about the band. Nice to see we're still remembered! If anyone wants a reminisce get in touch. I also have a few pictures if anyone would like me to upload them? (well one of my daughters can)

@ Doug's daughter please can you pass on my regards to your Dad?

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

I remember the Beir Kellar in Nottingham and of course Karl & the Hiedelburgers. Used to go down Sat. nights with a group of friends and then onto the Palias. Also remember Carl Fables playing at Hucknall Miners Welfare when they did the falming coffin & blood stunt.........great nights out. In fact I've got a photo of a group of use at the Beir Kellar

I was told recently that Karl from the Hieldleburgers was a resident in a home in Bingham where my ex works.........but not sure if thats correct.

I will have to dig out the photo although it is of a bunch of guys I hung around with at the time and not of Karl & the Heidelburgers. Some of them in the photo I'm still in touch with now even though I live in Western Australia, one of the guys Steve Blount lives up in Perth.

• 1 month later...