If anyone used to visit Hucknall Miners Welfare Welbeck Suite in the late 70s then take a look at this and the 5 videos related to it and you might see yourself!!

• Upvote 1

:biggrin: Hi there Susyshoes, good to see you on here; looks like you've been busy. :biggrin:

PS: I'm a bit tiddly after my glass of wine at Dinner but promise will look at these videos later - they look interesting.

PPS: In case you don't find the time to post again, I'd like to wish you: 'A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year'. :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks jackson , I love watching these old clips. Not seen myself yet but he says there are a few more to come !!

Merry Christmas to you too

I think its the first clip that shows when 'Chairman of the Board' appeared there. I remember 'Heatwave' (Boogie Nights) headlining upstairs in the main hall too. It was always a difficult place to play and the acts had to be excellent to warrant even a glimmer of a round of applause from the expectant crowd

My ex wifes dad was a deputy at Hucknall pit, so he was a regular, I went one Sunday afternoon(?) to see a new comedian, Jim Davidson, he was brilliant!!

One of my friend's dads was also a deputy at the pit and used to 'stand the door' on a Friday night, much to the annoyance of all my friends because he knew we were all only 17 years old and wouldn't let the ones that he knew, in the place. We used to borrow an older friends ID then go into the ladies loos and pass it thru the window for the next one to use.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Used to go to Hucknall welfare now & again... My usual haunt was Bestwood Welfare Sunday night disco's, there were lots of pretty (& some not so pretty) girls used to go there & I actually pulled a few times. I lived on Park Road back then so not far to stagger home after a few Mansfield bitters. Oh yeah Bestwood Welfare's closed now for some reason..