Hi Guys

Back from Christmas/New year & holidaying with eldest son from Nottingham.How have you all been? I trust you all had a good crimbo & New Year? Ours was good. Still feels like crimbo to me,hot weather too much food & drink you know where i'm coming from!! Must get back to the gym this week i think im porking up me duck !situp!

Yes Mick I agree Christmas isn't the same when it's 90 deg!! Our Christmas was cool, we went to a place not far from Ballarat & it's nearly always cooler than anywhere else,they even get snow in the winter. But since coming back to Bright [where we live] it has been very hot 42 isn't unusual at the minute,melting tarmac,parched gardens & nearly white grass,it's a tough job keeping the water up to the plants at this time of the year. I see you guys had a lot of snow but not sure what the state of the UK weather is at the moment? Anyway just to wish you all a Happy & healthy 2006. I'm off to read all the posts i've missed see ya

!yada!

;) Hello Caz you have been missed. Glad you have had such a nice hol, i'm sorry that the weather your side of the world is so hot but frankly i for one can do without that sort of heat, give me the British winters any day, at least you know what month you are in over here.... ;)

lips0 Was i to blunt with my remarks should have i coated them with sugar, i think not. One thing is for sure the trees about here don't go up in smoke and the only time me lawn turns brown is when i spill the Creosote.. LOL.

No sugar coating for me Den, be as blunt as you like love. Weather still bloody hot,took the dog for a walk in the bush tonight at 7.30 & nearly killed him in the process poor bu99er. Had to get the fan & wet towels out poor baby. Looks like it might rain a little tonight which would be great, we have a dust storm every time we drive up to the house. I promise not to whinge about the winter again !faint!

No sugar coating for me Den, be as blunt as you like love. Weather still bloody hot,took the dog for a walk in the bush tonight at 7.30 & nearly killed him in the process poor bu99er. Had to get the fan & wet towels out poor baby. Looks like it might rain a little tonight which would be great, we have a dust storm every time we drive up to the house. I promise not to whinge about the winter again !faint!

Hey Caz, have you been over the hill to the Mt. Markey Winery yet??

Ayupmeducks Posted on Jan 10 2006, 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Caz @ Jan 10 2006, 11:07 AM)

Don't be silly ayup, caz has had a permanent pipe line installed, all she has to do now is lay back and turn a tap.. !rotfl!

;) Fancy taking the dog out in that weather caz. You came back with an HOTDOG i take it with very little Mayo......

Ayupmeducks Posted on Jan 10 2006, 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Caz @ Jan 10 2006, 11:07 AM)

Don't be silly ayup, caz has had a permanent pipe line installed, all she has to do now is lay back and turn a tap.. !rotfl!

;) Fancy taking the dog out in that weather caz. You came back with an HOTDOG i take it with very little Mayo......

Hey Den, must get me Cuz to fit me up with a direct pipeline, he makes some great wines!

We are off to Omeo tomorrow will try & see if we can pop in, not sure how pressed for time we will be though I will let you know tomorrow Ayup.

We are off to Omeo tomorrow will try & see if we can pop in, not sure how pressed for time we will be though I will let you know tomorrow Ayup.

Ten minutes down the back road and your at the winery Caz. Say hello to my Cuz Howard and his wife Christine for me and tell them their John sent you, they'll probably shoot you then..

smile2

;)page6omeo.jpg Just incase you get lost caz here's a map...

Driven around most of those roads Den, my cousins winery is at Cassilus, just south of Omeo, in fact my cousins winery IS Cassilus smile2

I used to own 40 acres behind there, three gold mines and a hill.

flyswat thumbsdown

Didnt make it again, I asked the local Innkeeper at Omeo how far away it was & he said at least 17 kms, well as I was working I decided 17kms was too far to go, so missed out again,but they did reckon the wine was good so must make a special effort next time Dugh!!

Where did you get the old map Den?? the place we live is right off the map !!

By the way Ayup forgot to ask how you & your cousin eneded up living in Oz,did you migrate together??

flyswat thumbsdown

Didnt make it again, I asked the local Innkeeper at Omeo how far away it was & he said at least 17 kms, well as I was working I decided 17kms was too far to go, so missed out again,but they did reckon the wine was good so must make a special effort next time Dugh!!

Where did you get the old map Den?? the place we live is right off the map !!

By the way Ayup forgot to ask how you & your cousin eneded up living in Oz,did you migrate together??

Shame on yer Caz, they hailed from Carlton, he used to live near Prices Bakery.

They were ten quid tourists in the 60's Caz.

I migrated there in 1979, so they were well set when I arrived, and I had to pay full air fare, they got the scenic cruise treatment.