Parking charges in Nottingham

I was in town yesterday and saw a sign that says on street parking in Nottingham is Free in the evenings November/December?

This is with BID (Business improvement district) you have to register with them and give credit card details.

• 1 year later...

There are underground car parks in Nottingham City Centre where you can park for free for up to 24 hours. I never pay to park in the City Centre.

I wouldn't mind Knowing where they are DJ. When we come to Nottingham for a Meetup and stay in the Ibis Hotel FletcherGate, We have to pay £10 on top of the Hotel Fee for the Car Park, and that is with a discount. Recently. We have used the Best Western on Mansfield Road. They have free parking. Ideally, we do like to stay in the City Center.

I keep out of Nottingham these days as a protest against the WPL NET BID and all the other unasked for rip offs the elected body have forced upon us! I hate it all so much its not the town I was raised in anymore.

I do find it a rip off having to pay for Car Park Fees as well as the Hotel. And that is not £10 total. You pay £10 per night. We need to check, but we suspect that if you take your car out, during your Hotel stay. You have to pay again.

Robbie, that is a good walk, with a suitcase. We not as fit as we were!

Carni

Do as I do, park for free on Bobbers Mill Road and take the tram to the city. Its as safe as anything else and convenient to the Radford Road tram stop. I often do it, and my car has been parked there for days when I am off on my travels and no harm has come to it.

Wilkinson Street tram stop is also very secure. Hucknall is safe too, and I often need to use these car parks for days on end. No problem whatsoever.

Just lately we have used the Hotel on Mansfield road with free parking. If we did use Bobbers Mill Road, do the Buses or Tram run frequently, and do they take us to Fletcher Gate, for The Ibis Hotel. We have to consider carrying our luggage.

Thankyou NewBasfordlad.

We will take a look at a Map tomorrow and check out the route.

It will be a while before the next Meetup so we have plenty of time to decide.

The only problem could be carrying our things. We usually have our clothes in the Plastic coat Bags which might be difficult to take on Public Transport. Anyway we will check it out. Thanks again.