mick2me

Radio & TV Times not required

An excellent online TV Program guide.

Configure it for Freeview/Freesat/Virgin/Sky etc. then your region.

The site then delivers appropriate program information map.

Click on a channel name for detailed daily listing.

FREE

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/

• Upvote 1

I've been nagging SWMBO to dump the TV mag for ages but she wont, I said "give me a pound & I'll tell you whats on the box!" But she thinks I'd tell her all soaps have been cancelled or I'd tell her the wrong time & channel for Coro-enders. Truth is I would, ha ha..

• Upvote 1

I'm glad that I don't watch TV anymore, all those ads ! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

• Upvote 1

I was browsing through the 14 day TV guide hoping for a couple of decent films to occupy my time, but a couple is about all there is. If you like Hobbity things, Lord of the Rings, Bond stuff, Carry ons, SF twaddle, Home Alone crap, Indiana Jones, and a multitude of animation films, and unfunny comedies, then you're well catered for.

However, if you like something with a bit of a story line and good acting, then there's a dirth of films. 

There is however Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, The American with George (Benjamin) Clooney, Tombstone, but not the original, Miracle on 34th street, Lady in the Van, with the brilliant Maggie Smith, It's a Wonderful Life, Dances with Wolves, The Password is Courage, a good WW2 film starring Dirk Bogarde, The African Queen, yet another remake of the Alamo, The Dam Busters, and that's about it. If you've an IQ of less than 10, then you're well catered for. 

Mrs Col and me still get the Radio Times.  It is partly habit, partly tradition and partly a kind of 'up yours' to the onset of digital doom.  :) 

The standard TV guides on my freeview equipped tv don't really work outside of a 24 hour ( at best) timeframe.

Col