I've mentioned this before, in another Topic, but is there anyone out there who remembers the Radio Sunbeams, who were a group of youngsters from Nottingham (mainly) who sang songs;

Wedding of the Painted Doll, amongst them.

Radio Sunbeams broadcast in late 20's & through the 30's, my mum was a Radio Sunbeam (from Radford) named Winnie Robinson, I'd appreciate any info' at all on this subject.

:) Hi Paulus, I well recall you writing about your talented mum - always singing around the house - and hope your search for information on the 'Radio Sunbeams' proves fruitful.

PS: How about contacting (email): the Local Studies Library, County Library, Angel Row, Nottingham?

PPS: Or, you could contact: Ron Booth (Nottingham Historian) through his website: 'Ron Booth'. Good Luck. :)

Hi jackson,

Thanks for the tips, nice of you to recall my previous posts, re' my lovely & daily missed mum. I'll try to get sme old photo's of mum in her Radio Sunbeam stage days, as although called Radio Sunbeams they also did stage appearances, with dancing added to their skills, my mum portrayed one of the tin soldiers in at the 'Wedding of the Painted Doll'

Mick,

Thanks for the lead, although I've researched those Radio Sunbeams, I believe they were members of a Childrens Hour club & not entertainers unfortunately.

:) Hi Paulus (again); regarding the: 'Radio Sunbeams', how about contacting: Andy Smart, 'Bygones', 'Nottingham Evening Post'?

He's very approachable and a mine of information on subjects; considering that the 'Radio Sunbeams', mainly came from Nottingham, I'm sure he'll be very interested in what you have to say. :)

:) Hi Paulus (again); regarding the: 'Radio Sunbeams', how about contacting: Andy Smart, 'Bygones', 'Nottingham Evening Post'?

He's very approachable and a mine of information on subjects; considering that the 'Radio Sunbeams', mainly came from Nottingham, I'm sure he'll be very interested in what you have to say. :)

Many thanks for the info', I'll try to make contact with Andy Smart, I'll update on this topic if I find more from him.............. :biggrin:

This may have been posted before, but if not, for those with an interest in 1950's radio this site is absolutely magic.

http://www.turnipnet.com/whirligig/radio/index.htm

Definitely recommend "Childrens Favourites"

Hugs

Alison

This may have been posted before, but if not, for those with an interest in 1950's radio this site is absolutely magic.

http://www.turnipnet.com/whirligig/radio/index.htm

Definitely recommend "Childrens Favourites"

Hugs

Alison

Absolutely brilliant!! This will keep me busy for a while................ :)