I was a pupil there from 1966 to 1973 and have posted a bit on here about it .I'll have a quick look and see what I can find.

• 3 years later...

I was there from 79/80 till they closed it in the summer of 83, some of us went to Parkdale, the rest went to Carlton Central IIRC. From what I remember it was quite a big school but with few students, guessing that's one of the main reasons why it closed down. I still remember Tarry's at the bottom of the hill, the cemetery at the back of the school (PE / rounders was often held under the trees) and the large dining hall / gym at the bottom of the school.

• 9 months later...

BUMP

Just having a little browse; as I do, when trying to avoid the dreaded housework. I ended up on this site about St Pauls School in Carlton. As with many of our old buildings, it is no longer with us. In fact the area it was in is so different now, you could say that is no longer with us either!

There are some interesting pics and info about the old school. I was looking for some of my ancestors but didn't find any. Take a look at the Log Book 1869 and the attendance record 1896 (dates ?)  The one lad certainly got a thrashing for not behaving, and it appears that attendance was low at a certain time of year for 'Potato Picking'. Been there and done that. 

The attendance record is written in very small writing, but if you study closely, you might recognise a few names. I believe I spotted probably an ancestor of one of our members. Anyway, I hope you find it interesting.

http://www.ozhoo.com.au/~StPauls/index.htm

• Upvote 1

Seems to be two threads for this school .

The link Carni posted above seems to have lost my dad's class from about 1922 with lots of names to the class photo .

Luckily still here on this other Nottstalgia thread plus a couple of others .

Hiya David, I thought that we had mentioned this school before, but I did a bit of a search and couldn't find it, so I tagged my discovery onto the end of this one. It looks as if the link you mention goes back further than the one I was reading. I hope the info in my link is reliable? Sorry about that. I will take another look at the other thread now. I never seem to have much luck with our search option.

David. I just had a look at the other thread, and I do apologise, the link is the same. The photo's on the other thread are brilliant, so pleased to get another look at them.

No need to apologise Carni and yes the link to the website is the same but for some reason the earlier class photos have been deleted , wonder why ?

The photos on the other link were my late dad's own pics .