I told 'em Oldham!

Oh dear, a result that was unfortunately on the cards? It's a good job that poor old Sean has gone and that Alex McLeish has stepped in to steer The Reds in the right direction. It was probably a planned defeat so that Alex can now concentrate on promotion without the distraction of a Cup run!

Yeah , right !....... slywink

Just about your nearest club ain't it ??..................LOL

Unfortunately I don't think Notts will be troubled by a cup run either having been unceremoniously dumped out of the competition whilst being completely outplayed by a League 2 side!

Could have been worse, we could have had millions spent on our team and in securing the services of a 'top name' manager. .............................. slywink

:) 'I told 'em Oldham'; I remember this catchy little slogan: it was used to advertise tyres back in the late 50's.

I recall a school bus trip at the time the slogan was popular, passing through Oldham and feeling disappointed with the place; it didn't match up to the magic of these 4 little words, especially as at the time the slogan was tripping off everyone's tongue. :)

The original phrase was in in an ad for Oldham batteries: - "I should've told 'em Oldham".

Morecombe and Wise apparently later shortened it to: - "I told 'em Oldham" in one of their skits and used it regularly thereafter.

Just getting it back on track after a certain member or two went off on a tangent again.

Glad you read a post for once.

Pooh , nice one.

Lee Hughes has left Notts. (I told you I thought there was something up at Meadow lane !!)

Lee Hughes already 'left' Notts recently Beefy, don't know if you knew? It fell through for some reason. It originated in an argument about not getting picked I believe. He wants regular games at this late stage of his career apparently which he not getting at Meadow Lane.

Yes he was supposed to go to Port Vale but Notts wanted a fee for him, PV couldn't agree on a figure so it all went out the window. That was when i first brought up the subject of there possibly being "Trouble at the mill" (Or rather Meadow Lane)

I don't see Notts regularly so can't really comment but even with his legs now slightly gone he always seems to be in and around the scorers when given a chance. I wonder if Curle is making a bit of a mistake.

A BIT OF A MISTAKE!!!! He's dropped an almighty bo****k, Stu, in my opinion. The strikers we have at the mo are just not scoring and good enough!! The slide down the table testifies to that.....

:biggrin: Okay I stand corrected: the saying was probably used to advertise car batteries :biggrin: but I know that at the same time the advert was being shown on the TV, we kids at school were milking it to death in the playground - before any comedians on TV. :biggrin:

Anyway as we were saying ......

I don't claim to understand it at all but, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than is meeting the eye.

Did you try to copy the 'northern accent' also, can recall going through a phase of dong accents at school........................my Welsh always sounding vaguely paskistani.............still does................. :Fool:

Anyway as we were saying ......

I don't claim to understand it at all but, I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than is meeting the eye.

Apologies for interrupting your thread.............................. bowdown