:) All this 'ooh ahh' being created by Bowie's latest release; can't they see that it's Bowie in his mature years philosophising?

I reach the wonderful age of 66 this March - born in the same year as Bowie - and I do the same, philosophise: 'looking at life on Earth'.

Bowie fuses the past (memory) with the present and poses the question: "Where are we now? where are we now?"

Bowie's release is beautiful and haunting: a poem set to music. :)

• Upvote 1

I've read that if you buy the CD you get the single for free and it's for this reason that the single isn't allowed to be in the 'Singles Chart'. David Bowie is like every other singer in that he makes average songs and also great songs. In my opinion David Bowie has made many great songs, that is why he is still so popular today.

• 1 month later...

Quote from Angie Bowie - There’s nothing about the sound that’s new, either. The subject matter is tired – it’s a nostalgic look back to
the last time he was at the forefront of pop music.

It is from an article in DM

- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2276337/David-Bowie-Ex-wifes-deeply-personal-critique-star-NOT-want-read.html

I agree with her - I have all Bowies old stuff but would not even consider a free download of this song.

All of us on here have lots of nostalgic look backs but this is not a good one.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 years later...