Buying from China

Has anyone else any experience of buying from Chinese sellers on eBay or Chinese commerce sites.

I have bought many items and never had any problems.

Generally Chinese manufactured goods are to a high standard, but often with one poorly manufactured component that lets them down. Such as the LED torch made from aircraft metal, let down by poorly manufactured battery holder or poorly soldered

LED array.

The 'Sony' Stereo microphone for my Canon 60d works perfectly and cost a couple of quid, and free postage?

$(KGrHqN,!h8FB1,7k,58BQm8dzPbBw~~60_12.J

I went on a tax course last year

There are special tax rates on some Chinese goods.

Anti Dumping Taxes are imposed at around 75% and higher are imposed on such things as Bicycles and parts.

Last year I bought myself a 'Royal Wedding' souvenir mug, made in china, complete with photos (separate but looking towards each other) of Kate & Harry....................................... :biggrin:

Last year I bought myself a 'Royal Wedding' souvenir mug, made in china, complete with photos (separate but looking towards each other) of Kate & Harry....................................... :biggrin:

Now that will be worth a few bob in years to come.............................................................( pssssssst , she married William, but don't tell anybody it's supposed to be a secret !!!.. unionflag )

• Upvote 1

An item Bought from Hong Kong, paid for on 11/1/13

Tracking...

11/1/13, Received by Hong Kong Post, Marked as being processed for delivery to recipient.

14/1/13, Marked as 'for Dispatch from Hong Kong'.

15/1/13, Marked as 'Destination - United Kingdom - The item will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 16-Jan-2013'

Now that will be worth a few bob in years to come.............................................................( pssssssst , she married William, but don't tell anybody it's supposed to be a secret !!!.. unionflag )

I wasn't fibbin' honest......................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Kate+%26+Harry+mug&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I payed £9 inc' P&P....................................

Thanks Mick................wish I'd have bought a few now, but actually they're very nice China (scuse the pun) they are 'old english pottery' or 'old engrish potelly' :laugh::glare:

Re my purchase above.

Hong Kong Post Tracking said

The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 16-Jan-2013

After 11-12 hour flight/clearing customs, the item was received first thing this morning.

7 days turnaround from China, Not bad :)

The item is not available in this country.

We are updating our home security.

It is a GSM alarm system which has a mobile phone SIM card.

The alarm is programmed and controlled by phone call or text messages to the alarm control box.

Alarm is set by sending a text or ringing the alarm and entering the arm or disarm code.

On activation it sounds the alarm, dials up to 5 numbers, then texts them with a warning of the activation.

It even texts info of the zones that have been, breached, "Back door open"

The alarm switches on a microphone to listen to whats happening in the house, and its possible to add

video for recording and transmission to your smart phone. Its also possible to transmit a message from your

mobile phone to a speaker in the house.

It has panic alarms both in the home and remote control and can be programmed to dial 999.

Fire and smoke alarms and gas escape sensor can be added.

It has a 24 hour back up battery and sends a message to the phone numbers if there is a power cut.

The Chinese are way ahead in electrons

Lol.

Yes but I get a phone call as soon as it rings, and I can ring back and check the house and re set it.

Personal attack can be 999call

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

More student accommodation needed then ?