Home made food!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so hungry i could eat a Horse, just nipping to Tesco.

You mean there is something hotter than Vesta

What's the mane attraction?

I out a spoon full of curry powder in chili (which comes from a packet) - a pound of ground beef, or ground turkey (works great), lightly fried to get the grease out, but not necessary with very lean meat. Add onions, or leek, and leave in the slow cooker all afternoon. The addition of the curry gives it a very different flavor - which most seem to like!

I know its a tad late... But iv decided since we are snowed in... or just refusing to venture out in the cold, im going to make use of that jar of mince sat in the cupboared and make some good old mince pies (And lemon meringue pies for my partner who hates mince pies) Yumm, a nice warm mince pie with a cup of tea after running around in snow with your 16 month old toddler, Lovely winters day.

Just about to make our own whisky marmalade, seville oranges just came in to local farm shop yesterday.

Making a pasta bean bake for this afternoon. Can't get Cannellini or Haricot beans anywhere in my county town (Wick) so I have had to buy off the internet.

Many people say the prettiest village in Scotland and i wouldn't argue with that after my many visits.

Only been there a couple of times many years ago, but it always stuck in my memory

The only school dinner puddings I can remember are (In no particular order) Sago, (Frogspawn) pink custard,(What they ( laughingly) called Blancmange, and the one we called 'concrete, pudding , which was of the same texture and constitution as the title suggests !

I went to the staff canteen at the City hospital many years ago, and they advertised a week of 'School Dinners'

one days pudding item was 'Pink Custard' Great idea I thought

Just in the process of making a fruit stew concoction to go in some crepes that i bought this afternoon , don't know how good/bad it will be as I've made it up as I've gone along , (Apple , Mango, Pineapple and Pear)

The proof of the pudding Etc etc etc !

I 'slaved over a hot stove' all evening making a roast pork and all the trimmings dinner for us , followed by 'crepes a la Beefsteak' (Apple , Mango, Pear and Pineapple) with cream and what does SWMBO decide to do as I'm 'dishing up' ? ..... She puts the kids in the shower !!