Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

I bought a video recorder years ago from Curries plugged it in and it made a terrible rattling and screeching noise so I took it straight back. It turned out to be the last one they had so the sales lady went to talk to her manager and she came back with a replacement machine which was a far better and more expensive than the one I had bought and for the inconvenience they let me have the better machine at no extra cost. Result

We came back to the car at the Riverside retail park to be informed that someone had run into the back of it, and cleared off. The witness pointed out the car to us, he had gone to the opposite end of the car park and parked there, thinking he had got away with it.

Anyway, i confronted the driver who admitted it. He didnt want to claim on his insurance and paid me in full for the quote i got for a new bumper, painting and fitting. Then, when i had a closer look at the damage, it was just a black mark which polished off.

• Upvote 1

Hi TRICKYMICKY

We too had something similar happen! I parked the car in our Multi Storey City car park and went off to shop, on returning to our car i saw that someone had hit the back and caused considerable damage!. I sat in the car really down because i didn't know what to do and i knew we couldn't afford repairs at that time. Just about to drive off, i saw a piece of paper on my windscreen wiper. It was from a lady who had witnessed an elderly lady try to park in the bay next to me, she had hit my car and reversed out and driven away. It had the number and type of car, also a phone number if i needed it. The police followed it up and the lady admitted to everything. So Thank you to my Good Samaritan we had another RESULT. :)

• Upvote 1

I bought a little leather wallet at a church jumble sale for 50 pence. I wanted to keep a folding keyboard for a pocket organiser in it as it was quite thick. My wife identified as Hermes so it went on eBay and sold to buyer in Japan for just over £150.

• Upvote 3

In the early 70s I was a bus conductor. too late I found that someone had given me a Dutch 8 gilder piece instead of a half crown. I did what was in the rules and put in a half crown on paying in. This meant that I was 2/6d down . You can imagine how much this was worth if I told you that even as the 2nd highest paid conductors in the country, I only came home with around £20. A friend of mine was visiting a collector's shop in town to get something valued. While I was there I asked about the foreign coin. I was told that it was still in current use in Holland and worth 30 bob (£1.50). He gave me £1.5/- (£1.25). What a profit.

A couple of days ago I was walking in the Standard Hill/Friar Lane area near the castle. Even though there were quite a few people around (mid-morning) I looked down on the pavement and found a £20 note. Obviously new out of a cashpoint, just been folded once. Immediately transferred to my pocket to prevent it falling into the wrong hands.

• Upvote 3

Found out today that we have got through a manager assessment course which means we could be running our own caravan site next year and certainly should be the year after :jumping:

• Upvote 7

The other day I bought a dressing gown in M & S. Once home I decided I could do with a bigger size so took it back today to change. As I walked into the store an assistant handed me a £5 off voucher. I got my money back on the original garment, took replacement to the till and got it for £5 less. Not a lot but every little helps.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Michael. We were chuffed because the assessment day was awful and we really didn't think we had done well, so it really was a "result" for us. :)

• Upvote 2

a few years ago dave and i stoped to pick a few strawberries and raspberries while out for a ride in the car on the walk back to pay for them dave spotted what he thought was a cigarette packet case picking it up he realized it was too heavy for fags in fact it was a cannon camera. we went and paid for our fruit telling the person on the stall that we had found something while picking and had anyone ask if anything had been found he said no making sure he did not know what we had found gave him our name and telephone number in case anyone asked later we came home looked up the camera on web to find it was a recent modle and was valued at about 300 pounds we put ad in local paper and took it to the police station nearest the fruit farm a month later they rang to ask if we wanted to colect it as no one had clamed it back dave is still using itand we have had some realy good picks with it including fynger and martyns wedding photos

Today's result. Ordered some e-cigarette liquids from a web site. There was a slight hiccup with the order process which meant I had to re-start it.

Two lots of the stuff just dropped through the letter box, even though I'd only paid for one.

Not worth sending it back, so a month's worth of free juice! :)

Mrs Catfan ordered some Norfolk Lavender perfume from a website but it never arrived, she rang em up & was told they were out of stock, so she was refunded & the order cancelled.

A few days later the order arrived ! She rang the company up & was told that she could keep the goods as a goodwill gesture. Result.

A Double result today!

I've just bought a 600 metres spool of new Maxima Chameleon fishing line to load my new reel, bought it through an Amazon discount finder site that I got from a Martin Lewis' "Money Saving Expert" email a year or so back. Normally around 16 quid for a 600 metre spool of the type I use + postage, I got this for £5.56 including postage!

The parcel turned up today, it was massive ! I opened it to find 6000 metres . Ah well, it'll keep me going for a few years .......LOL

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-amazon-loopholes?utm_source=MSE_Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_term=07-May-13&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=89

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Bump

You know the PPI that drive everyone crazy, phoning all the time to see if they can get money back for you. Well, we were bombarded with calls earlier this year, and Hubbs decided that he would go along with them. Very cautiously.

We have recently received £750 from Barclays Bank. PPI have had their payment out and we will have a nice xmas and weekend away in Feb on what is left for us.

RESULT thumbsup

• Upvote 7