Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

I bought a very nice top from Marks and Sparks. The first time on I found that the fabric had a small hole in it. I took it back and the money was refunded. A week later I was in Marks and Sparks again and they were promoting their new Sparks reward card. As always I asked a load of questions about how it worked, making comparison with Nectar points and Tesco. I decided it was worth signing up. I did like the top I had taken back the week before so I found another one, inspected it very thoroughly, then bought it. I had a percentage off with the Sparks card so It cost less!

• Upvote 2

Just by looking at the title of this topic; you know that each post you read will have a good outcome of some kind.. It gives a bit of the feel good factor to read about someone who has had a bit of good fortune come their way and brighten their day, and also any other things that make us happy. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

SWMBO needs four new tyres for her Mazda 6 estate car. Cost £500 near as dammit. Came home from holidays and on the mat was a premium bond cheque for £500! Spawny git!

• Upvote 4

Brown envelope bearing 'HM Justice System' came through the letter box. Oh! what have I done now? I thought. Opened it to find a cheque for £286 compensation following court case against a gang who nicked my Toyota pickup over two years ago! Forgotten all about it thinking that filling the form in a year ago was a waste of time. Compensation partly covered none insured items.

• Upvote 5

She wants Michelin cross season or winter tyres. Her tyre size is not standard either, which makes it more expensive.

Just checked Blackcircles and the Michelin price is similar to the one she was given locally. however, it is cheaper for my car so I will use them when I replace my tyres next time. Thanks for the tip TBI.

• Upvote 1

I bought some quality loppers from B & Q this spring. Couple of weeks ago one of the jaws broke. Phoned up B & Q about returning them and the guy in charge rather stupidly reckoned that even though i bought them with a one year warranty, they were classed as a seasonal item and the warranty was only valid for 8 weeks ??.

I got his name sharpish and continued the (brief) argument on their facebook page. End result was a new set of loppers and a £30 voucher.

• Upvote 3
  • 7 months later...

During my absence:-

A whole Gammon from Morrisons which was on their 'whoopsie' counter, it hadn't been reduced, just dumped by someone who had obviously found something on there that took their fancy instead, but out of the kindness of my heart I pointed it out to a manager that was passing and asked if it needed taking back to it's rightful place, as I would take it for him as we were heading that way.
He asked "Do you want it"
"Depends on the price"!
He told me to wait there and came back with it reduced from £29.80 to 29p!. Close enough thought I................................ result.

Last year we had a fortnight in August in Cornwall, I went via a "Cornish holiday cottages for you" type site and found a beautiful place right on the seafront near Looe. I rang to book and asked if there was any discount for booking two weeks as opposed to one to be told "No, we don't operate that type of policy here" I asked how much it be in total and she quoted me £1450.
She then came at me with the ''this place is selling out quick'' routine, I told her I would need to speak to the wife first, to then get the old sarcastic line of "Who wears the trousers in your house" that was it, I said goodbye and hung up.
I then had a look at the place on 'google earth' and to my surprise there was a phone number outside the place. I rang them and asked if they took bookings direct and was there a discount for booking 2 weeks, the fellow on the other end was a bit 'the worse for wear' as it was his birthday but he said they did, and quoted me £890 for the same deal, and could I call him back the next day to finalize it?
No problem said I, and duly gave him time to sober up and called the following afternoon. "Ah I think I may have made a mistake with the price, I'll do it again" 'Here we go' I thought, ripped off left right and centre,
"I've recalculated it and it's £910"
I decided it was close enough, and paid there and then. Over 500 quid cheaper than the holiday company wanted to charge and they wanted to charge a £30 booking fee too !!
A mate of mine asked if I knew of anywhere good in Cornwall so I recommended this place , on arrival, and as a thank you, there was a bowl of fruit and a bottle of Red on the dining table and bottle of White and some milk and eggs in the fridge too!................................... Result

This year we decided on a trip to Spain for a fortnight in August, not too touristy, but within an easy drive should the need be desired! I started messing online and via Expedia I came up with "Oasis Holiday Park" in a place called Rugat, up in the mountains but not far (13 miles) from the coast, swimming pool, bar, restaurant, crazy golf, table tennis + loads of other entertainment and the pièce de résistance................. a fishing lake !!

A fortnight would cost me €400 ! ...........rude not to!

A few weeks back we went property hunting in the area and stayed at this same place, I'll tell you something , A ... it's very nice and certainly worth the money, and B.............. The owner was a bit miffed with expedia as it should have been €900 !!............................... Result !!

• Upvote 1

That's the view from the place in Cornwall, and nope , it's totally untouched.

Thanks Loppylugs by the way. Good to be back.

Beefsteak,do you have the winning lottery numbers for tonight.???

Then I can write Result !!

Bit busy at the moment, give me an hour or two and I'll get back to you.

• Upvote 2

A couple of weeks ago Mrs Catfan & I had a wander around M+S in town looking at their shirts but came away after buying a garden "arbour" thingy.

Sales woman said delivered assembled ready for use but came in a flat pack box instead.

I left a review on M+S website giving the arbour four stars, would have been five if delivered assembled. Shortly afterwards their response was not to publish my revue because it did not fit their criteria !

The review was very fair I thought, even mentioning the fact that we bought the item with a saving of £110 !

Postman has just called with a M+S gift card for £20 hellothere

That is a result.

• Upvote 4

Erlier today I discovered I had missplaced my wallet.
I had the kids helping in the search (I'd not left the house since I last used it, so knew it wouldn't be far) Taped to the side of my desk is a bag that I use for rubbish that I had just emptied in to the black bin outside as the bin men were due, mass panic and a dive in the dustbin ensued! No luck, but I found a €2 coin in the process!
The wallet turned up safe and sound on my bedside table!

#98, Can't beat a nice "arbour" thingy catfan. Six years ago at our local garden center "The Pavillions" there was one for sale £325 with a swinging seat. When we inquired about one, we where told "Sorry all sold out and would't be any more".

The one on display had a few cosmetic problems, but we asked if they would sell us that one, seeing as there was no need to display something they weren't restocking, and because it had been on display for two years and needed some TLC, they let us have it for £125 + £10 delivery. Hubbs spent a bit of time on it, painting it every year and it is brilliant. RESULT! I am sure you will have a lot of enjoyment from your arbour catfan.

• Upvote 4