Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

I only ask as I have had a bit of one today.

On Sunday I sent off to Amazon for a Browning 3.90 metre telescopic fishing rod, that folds down to just 80cm, to take away with us to Spain next month. Standard delivery was free so the total price was £9.70 on special offer last day of the sale , reduced from £23 only two available , blah , blah, blah !

It promptly arrived today. No problem so far ! .

I eagerly opened it up thinking as I did so that it seemed a bit 'big', on inspection they have accidentally sent me a 13 foot Browning Force match 'feeder' rod (With three interchangable quiver tips of different sensativities) Not a problem thought I, as I was actually on the look out for a new 'feeder' rod too, but decided to wait a while and see what I could pick up later in the year, before the new season starts in June as a lot of new tackle comes in and the old stock gets sold off cheap.

Now for the good bit..........................The cheapest I can find this same rod anywhere on the internet is £99.95p !! and it goes up as far as £190 !!!

I went on to Amazon to play merry stink with them as I knew they wouldn't have any of the ones I wanted left at that price, to my amazement they had 9 in stock !!!! So their little lie helped me out of my predicament slightly , do I return this hundred quid one and ask for a replacement ? or do I say "your mistake , get over it" ?

I bet you can't guess what coarse of action I have decided on in the end ??

slywink:jumping:

Any body else ever had a 'good result' ??

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

Not lately, but quite a few years ago.

Back in the 1980s I bought a dining table & chairs from what was Do-It-All on Nottingham Road, Basford. Cost £199. This was a long way before the days of chip-and-pin. To pay for it, the sales assistant rang my bank to confirm I had sufficient funds, then made a note of my Cheque Card number, and the transaction went through.

In the next few months I looked on my bank statements but the figure of £199 to Do-It-All never appeared. Somehow the paperwork got lost, or an admin person made a mistake, or something odd happened; so I got a table and chairs which "cost" £199, but that amount never went out of my bank account.

I remember this happening to a work colleague in the 70s, several times his bank card was not charged.

I applied for a bank card and stopped paying by cheque.

But it has never happened to me :(

Last september I decided to change my tomtom, as my old one was over 6 years old and the map has never been upgraded.

I dont know how much it costs to upgrade a map on tomtom in England, but over here it is about 1/2 the price of a new tomtom.

So I went into a supermarket to do some shopping with my wife and chose a new tomtom, and attached to it's box was a free pouch for the tomtom, we payed for all the shopping and thought it was cheap, and when we got home we looked to see why it was so cheap, and found out they had used the bar code of the pouch and not the one of the tomtom.

A 189 euros tomtom, for 14 euros, a real bargain........................................

I just plug mine into the computer and it updates the maps for free , you only pay for the speed camera updates.

I had a similar experience at Morrisons a few years back . Whilst we were doing the 'big shop' I bought a rather nice looking and very large joint of Beef as I had relatives coming, it should have been 20 odd quid, it wasn't till I got home that it dawned on me that the bill wasn't a 'steep' as I expected, on examination a sachet of parsley sauce (18p) had got itself stuck over the barcode on the bottom of the beef. So I'd paid 18p for the joint !

Bought a trolley full of giant dog meat tins the other week...was in the middle of telling the girl how many when she snapped that she had to count them herself...(fair enough but, her attitude was rank) She counted up and I paid....unfortunately she only counted the top 24 and missed those underneath.....Cheers Aldi!

I just plug mine into the computer and it updates the maps for free , you only pay for the speed camera updates.

I had a similar experience at Morrisons a few years back . Whilst we were doing the 'big shop' I bought a rather nice looking and very large joint of Beef as I had relatives coming, it should have been 20 odd quid, it wasn't till I got home that it dawned on me that the bill wasn't a 'steep' as I expected, on examination a sachet of parsley sauce (18p) had got itself stuck over the barcode on the bottom of the beef. So I'd paid 18p for the joint !

YOUR LUCKY.............

A quick tip for any one coming to, or crossing France.

Since last year it has been illegal to have the speed cameras on a GPS so if you can turn that function off before coming over, do it or you might get an on the spot fine...........................

You can deactivate the speed camera recognition thing ! Mine only told me where permanent ones were, not mobile, you could pay extra for that but I decided not to. I must admit to finding it invaluable when driving to Euro Disney a couple of years back. There's an exit off of the motorway near Paris Charles De Gaul that was pretty confusing, that confusing in fact that I think I'd still be there trying to negotiate it now if it weren't for the "Tom Tom"

Any way , on with the motley and the "Result" :-

I got back on to Amazon and re ordered another telescopic rod, which was promptly dispatched, after a couple of days (Last Friday) I clicked on the "Track your order" button, it told me it had been delivered on the Thursday and signed for by some one who miss spelt my name! I tried to contact the couriers just to get an online messaging system, the to553r at the other end more or less shrugged his shoulders at me and told me to contact my supplier.

I got on to Amazon , spoke to a very nice bloke in some wonderful foreign climes, he tried to chase it up for me and got the same result I had had from YODEL (The couriers) So very appologetically he told me they'd send me a replacement, via a different couriers, and it would be with me by Wednesday, if it wasn't with me by then I was to contact him direct (He gave me an extention number) and he would personally do his best to sort it out for me.

On the stroke of 9 this morning there's a knock on the door, a rather snowy looking courier standing there with a nice looking slim parcel in his hand, which I signed for , opened it to find a rather fine fishing rod in there.

About an hour later there's another knock on the door, a lady is standing there with an identical parcel in her hands, she tells me it had been left on her doorstep (2 roads away) I knew exactly what it was, but I opened it to be on the safe side, sure enough, there it was , another telescopic rod !

I rang mateyboy in the Philipenes and thanked him for the prompt service and explained that the first one had also turned up, telling him that it was the 'neighbour' that had brought it round not YODEL, I expected him to tell me to post it back to them, but he told me to dispose of it as I see fit !!!

So that's 3 rods total value of around 200 quid and I've paid just £19.40p ..............................

RESULT

• Upvote 2

Bid on job lot of three alarm sounders on eBay.

Won them with a bid £2.98 +£3.30 PP.

Mind you it was posted 8/1/13 from Glasgow and not yet arrived?

The Electronics purchased from China arrived in 7 days.

The above items purchased on eBay from Glasgow have not arrived yet!

Seller says he posted them and will chase it with his 'Proof of posting'

I doubt he even sent it, as my win price was so low.

I think I will ask him to send me copy of PoP so I can make some local inquiries.

I had a similar experience with ebay a few years back, when ipods first came out there was one up for grabs , I put in a max bid of £5 for it and thought no more, a few days later I recieved an email saying I had a second highest bidder offer as the person who bought it had not paid up. I dived in and payed the 5 quid (For a piece of kit worth around £100 at the time). That miraculously 'dissapeared in the post' too !!

Its easy to get money back through paypal, but I want the item that I won.

I won a new door at a cheap price some years back and the seller never responded yo contact.

Ebay call them non performing sellers.

When you sell on ebay most you win, some you lose. You should deliver and take the rough with the smooth.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently upgrading the home alarm system.

Bid on job lot of three alarm sounders on eBay.

Won them with a bid £2.98 +£3.30 PP.

One sounder is a brand new Hoyles Banshee Strobe/Sounder Retail about £70

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/38511.pdf

Mind you it was posted 8/1/13 from Glasgow and not yet arrived?

An Update

Item never arrived. I sent the seller a request for the proof of postage, which he said he had, to be emailed to me.

He quickly refunded my paypal payment.

I received this via ebay this morning.

Afternoon, just thought i would let you know I have today had your parcel returned to me. It was delivered to you on 11 January 2013, it was then taken back to the delivery office as presumably there was nobody in. It was not called for and the delivery office hold on to it and after a time send it back to the return address. If you did not get a card you may want to take this up with the post office. I will be re-listing the item on Sunday.

I replied...

I did ask you if you could email me proof of postage that you stated you held.

Can you please do that now.

I did win and purchase this item. Why are you relisting it.

I need these parts to complete my alarm installation.

The dispute is with the post office is over postage charges for failure to deliver.

Cheeky B'stard!

In Oz last year and went on a whale watching trip - over £100 each - booked and picked up at hotel by coach, walked onto boat without anyone asking who we were or where we were staying and to this day have never been charged for it. Thought the Hotel were going to bill us for it but hey ho, thank you very much!!!

Also had a good result on ebay 2 years ago - sold some "airmiles" (not saying which airline in case it was you who bought them :-) but got almost £600 for them and the buyer has still not used them and they will soon be out of time. We had been trying to use them without much luck and read on Martins Money Saving site that you could sell them on ebay so was gobsmacked at what they sold for.

I've just took delivery of an insulated 'Carry all' bag that fits onto my fishing barrow. TFG are selling their own product for 23 quid each. I tracked a brand new one down on ebay for £13 buy it now, so I did, I also added a coulple of packs of their pre tied hair rigs (6 in each pack for £1.50p) the parcel arrived and I eagerly opened it up, to my surprise there were two bags as well as two lots of hooks !

• 7 months later...

Some years back now, when we lived in Sacramento, we went to look at fire safes to keep our important papers, they had a bout several sizes ranging from a small to a very large unit. I also checked out their compressors while we were there, a large home center.

I found a Cambell Housfield at a good price, 60 gallon tank with a large size compressor and motor mounted on the top.

So we bought one and a safe, of which I had to drive my truck around to the loading dock for pick up.

Once home I unloaded both into the garage and unpacked them.....Lo and behold they had given us the wrong safe, we checked the invoice as this one was a larger safe, no, we had been charged for the smaller safe and they loaded the next size on my truck....

It's still with us doing fine service keeping our papers safe.....

In the 80s when Video players were still very expensive, my two sons decided to buy us a new one for our wedding anniversary as ours was on the blink. They ordered one from a catalogue for about £60.00 and when it came our lad remarked that it was a bit different from the one they ordered. Anyway, he went into town to get some games for his Master System. When he came back he was a bit excited. He told us they had sent a top of the range machine by mistake. Really expensive. He had seen it in a shop in town. It had a first generation video plus.

So he phoned the catalogue to tell them and they told him they would call back. When they did, they told him to keep it and pay the lower price as it would cost them too much to put things right.

I'm feeling quite guilty now on our larger more expensive safe..

Just been to the Co-op @ Wollaton, I had no quid pieces for the trolley, managed to use a 20 pence piece, after loading up the car & returning the trolley, this woman said Ill take that & gave me a quid. Ding dang do.

A quid for a trolley loan. Remember being shown a five pound note by my Dad. It was one of the big ones, remember them. I think it was his pay and his holiday money for a week. And that was to suppport a wife and six kids.

• Like 1

The following never feel guilty about robbing us all s--tless.

- Utilities companies

- Government

- Local authority

-Tesco

-Sainsbury's

- Morrisons

- Car dealerships

- The banks

So please never feel guilty if you accidently get the better of any of them (FAT CHANCE)

I regularly 'rob' Morrisons, with the amount of "whoopsies" we get there for 09p and up!

Just had a proper result though, (Less than 10 minutes ago!)

I had a new 32GB 20MBs SD memory card on order via Groupon. It was ordered and payed for about 3 weeks back. I had an email saying it had been dispatched after a couple of days. Well it never arrived , so I got in touch with them after a couple of weeks and they said they'd look into it.

Todays mail? two separate identical looking envelopes, and inside them.... yup two Memory cards.

Now I'm on the horns of a Dali llama here, do I send one back? or keep them both?

Thought about for a nano second and I'm now the proud owner of two new memory cards!