Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

A result.. yes and no....yes and no. Last week got a cheque for flogging a private number plate and made £600 profit..woohoo. End of the day some shares I've got had dropped £500 on paper after some adverse city comment. Oh well .. still £100 to the good. Got a cheque the other day for £300, my excess finally recovered after a no-fault motorbike accident claim two years ago... woohoo. Took wife's car in for service today, expected to pay standard service cost £150...ended up with a bill for £525, robbing b@st@rds.  I think I'm about 25 quid up... better than nowt though..

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

Mrs C was shopping in Iceland the other day & on special offer were Magnum ice creams box of 4 for quid,

last box in the freezer was a bit battered so at the checkout was reduced to 50p

Result.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Two results lately and both chip shop related:

1. Lorrimer's chippy in Inverness:  They took our order for a full fish tea and after almost half an hour the woman came over and apologised profusely for the long wait. We had finished our pot of tea and were going over some walking stuff so hadn't noticed how long it had been since we ordered.  After the apology she disappeared and promptly came back with a free pot of tea and further apologies.  Dinner was served shortly afterwards - someone had cocked up and the order had not been processed.

2. The Trawler, Golspie, Sutherland, North Scotland: We ordered two fish teas with mushy peas.  They came with one garden peas and one mushy. I said that it didn't matter, I would have the garden peas.  I began to tuck in  and after a couple of minutes the man came back with a free dollop of mushy peas - so I had both mushy and garden peas.

Two results in less than one week!

• Upvote 1

A company i did a two day job for recently, actually paid me twice,

I rang em, and they said "did we Ben,oh well our fault,have it on us"

Still some great people about who appreciate others, they were based in London real geezers i reckon,,,,

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

I had every intention before taking my work boots off to clear up the mountain of fallen leafs of my garden & flower beds, bagging them up in the 9 charity bags I had been collecting & distributing around the neighbours green wheelie bins early tomorrow morning, come home from work the leaf fairy must have been overnight? They have all gone? :crazy: What a result?  

• Like 1

They're all on my front garden and drive you little 5hit. They must have burst out of the charity bags as there's no sign of them. 

This's you've done me !  

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop for a little browse and the staff were moving everything around, finding room for garden furniture (for heaven’s sake!) The rug we really wanted was still on display in a room setting so we asked if we could have THAT one.  No problem they said, we bought it 50% off.  Ok, it’s been walked on for a while but that’s what rugs are for, and it’s not grubby at all.   Result!  It looks the bizz too!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Two weeks ago I dragged myself into the 21st century and bought a mobile phone. I don't really want one but with my medical conditions thought it best to have one handy if summat happens while I am out. Sainsbury's in Arnold had a nice one, reduced from £20 to £15. Went in there today and the price was back up to £20 again. That's a breakfast in Bulwell 'spoons paid for. Haven't had one lately - anyone feel like one?

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Where are you going to keep it, Chulla? There aren't any pockets in those saffron robes, are there?

One of my shaven-headed minions carries it for me. Wi-Fi reception is not too good, despite the altitude.

• Like 4

Digging the garden yesterday I found a 1913 penny coin - I can now go out and buy four Black Jacks...Result!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Or four fruit salad! Or even two black jack's (are we allowed to call them that?) and two fruit salad.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, denshaw said:

Just removed a upvc back door, I thought if it fetches £25 on e bay it would be a result, it fetched £102.

Notice that denshaw didn't say where it came from.  The owners haven't come back home yet.

• Like 2

Sent an updated meter reading to NPower the other day, and immediately got a monthly saving of around £54. Well chuffed !

• Like 1