Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

• 2 weeks later...

Heard on the local grapevine that a Bulwell church was doing a free 3 course Sunday lunch to anyone this Sunday then every 4 weeks. Took Mrs C today & had a beautiful home cooked roast dinner just like your mam used to cook. & second helpings too ! Free & gratis no strings, then straight into 'Wethers for a few pints to wesh it down !

Praise the Lord.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Compo said:

Am I the last person on earth NOT to have had, nor even want, a McDonald's this-or-that? 

Quite possibly Compo.  Back in 1988 my 90 year old grandmother asked me to take her to a McDonalds as she’d never had one before.  She really enjoyed the food and the outing.  

About once every couple of years I get the urge for a soggy burger and fries and really enjoy it but that’s enough for me, just occasional.  

KFC is a fast food I just can’t eat.  Tried it twice, once in Tobago and once while travelling in a minibus  through London late at night with a load of friends who were all starving.   I might have eaten one little bit but will certainly never bother again.  

You stick to good wholesome grub Compo, you’re not missing much. 

• Like 3

No Compo, you aren't.

I have never eaten in a McDonald's or any other burger "joint". When I moved away from England I thought how nice it was to be away from these products of the American dross culture but, like all evil, it pervades the whole of society and there are McDonald's "restaurants" (huh) all over the place. I shiver every time I see that fat "M" sign.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Me neither, I refused to take the kids when they where little, they now send me photos when visiting.

It is a bit of a standing joke with my mates (I refuse to eat sausage as well) after a stag weekend in Magaluf I did join the very long Burger King queue at the airport, when I got to the counter I could not do it, ordered a bag of fruit! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'd have managed to resist it too, Phil.

Re burger joints.  I stay away from 'em. Never really enjoyed any of their stuff although I ate there in the past when I was young and foolish. ;)   Based on 'super sized' Americans who seem to eat there all the time, I'll keep avoiding them.

A Big Mac once in a while as Lizzie says is fine, but several a week as I know some folks do is just asking for a coronary.

Me ? Two in 72 years, but only in emergencies. Stuck in Algeciras one Bank Holiday when nowhere else was open, and during the Queens Jubilee after the concert on the Mall. As previously stated, soggy, ......... But tasty !

5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Explain yourself:biggrin: I can see a Boston Whaler from my front door!

We got off the ferry from Brittany Sunday night and shortly afterwards there was a loud screech and a bump from the trailer that was carrying two boats. A wheel bearing had seized. RAC should have brought the trailer with boats home this afternoon but they arrived unexpectedly last night. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I was tempted but managed to resist

That's the secret, I was at Craven Cottage a few weeks ago, at half time all me gang brought beef onion, minced beef, chicken & mushroom, balti pies even a cottage cottage pies, they smelt fantastic & looked out of this world, I would loved one, I resisted, I don't eat anything with a lid on :crazy:

2 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

RAC should have brought the trailer with boats home this afternoon but they arrived unexpectedly last night. 

Gathering your flotilla in the front garden then PP, shame you’re a long way from the seaside.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
On 20/02/2018 at 0:27 PM, LizzieM said:

Tried it twice, once in Tobago

I noticed that Trinidad had KFCs all over the place.  However, there weer also lots of good eateries where a great seafood meal cold be had for a great price...and the Rum was unbeatable at about £1 per good quality bottle!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had two minor "Results" today.  First of all at Tescos. I always park at the end of the car park where it is least popular owing to the distance one has to walk to the store entrance - it's all of 30 seconds further than the nearest place. This morning I emptied my trolley in to the car and went to the trolley bay, which happens to be the least used in the car park.  Upon depositing my trolley, I noticed another with a soggy cardboard packet inside.  A closer inspection revealed a pack of ten Tunnocks tea cakes that had obviously been there all nightt.  The box was damp and limp but the contents were perfectly dry - Bingo! result - even better than roadkill :)  The second "result" was in Poundstretchers. The assistant suggested that I take advatage of a checkout counter offer of ten Cadbury's caramel biscuits for £1. She counted them out for me whilst I was packing the remainder of my shopping and lo! When I got home there were eleven biscuits in my bag - the counter assistant had miscounted.  Obviously, I was not going to drive 9 miles back to town for one ten penny biscuit, so I say "result" :)

• Like 2